jinxed

anua

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.portretowa.pl
:? hmm....i've just finished my 'darkroom marathon' and theres one thing i cant stop think about.....
im not quite sure, but i think someone's put a 'photographic spell' on me lately.... :) :shock:

..here are some facts... - >>

1.'Nikon's strange dissappearance' - :(
..yep...i think everything started with that...my :heart: Nikon90 has dissappeared few months ago.... :( :( :(
i know its hard to belive but it was stolen from my own studio!
...just saaaad...... :sad anim:
i've started to use my old yashica then

2.'Disloyalty of yashica' -:(
after a month, one of the two Yashica lenses i've had, suddenly stopped focusing.
The man who tried to repair it said that the damage inside the lens is so big that the only thing i can do with that is just throw it on the scrap - heep and buy a new one :(

3. ''No Pics' session #1'
wedding session.
the film was not inserted correctly.
no pics.
no words.
:taped sh:
(no money -;) )

4.''No Pics' session #2'
portrait and nude session.
i wanted it to be at the studio, so i borrowed a very good, big format camera, there was a stylist and other people to help, and i've took a lot of pic ......i thought they could turn out quite well....but....
:x
..but when i came back to the lab, to get back the negs and test prints they kindly informed me that "some problems occured" and "it happens rarely, but it happens" and, of course "they're very sorry"......but 'unfortunately' all of my negatives were destroyed while processing!
:gun:
(that was a proffesional lab!!! :shock: :pissed: )

5. .......and now the latest, yesterday's news -;)
i've gave myself few days off my work, cause i wanted to make up my darkroom arrears...i've prepared 50 'woods' (boards covered by light emulssion) few weeks ago - the 'woods' were waiting for a darkroom session in the big black box...

and here...this is what i've got -

Obraz-123a.jpg

there is only 9 of my 'woods' (im talking about those beautiful black squares -;) ) but all, all 50 of them look the same! - they're completely black!
The only explanation of this is that someone's had to open the darkroom doors and let the light in, while the light emulssion was getting dry :(
:x

...ufffff.....thats it (for now? :shock: )
- doesnt it look like a kind of curse or a spell??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

im not sure what should i do to stop/break this :twisted: spell?

( :idea: kiss a frog, maybe? :shock: :D )

anyway... thanks for listening....i think i needed to write it down :)

Oh my gosh, that totally sucks!! :( :hug:

Who could have opened the door to your darkroom? Does anyone else have access??

I hope this is the last of your bad luck. It's time for you to get some good!!!

Nightmare!!! You poor thing.... maybe this has you bottomed out and things will start going UP for you from here. :(

thanks girls..... (and shark -:) )

maybe this has you bottomed out and things will start going UP for you from here.

omg, terri,orie... i hope you're right - last 4 months was a terrible time for my photography, and im just tired of it...but...as someone wise said - 'the world never gives you more than you can handle' -i think im just starting to be more and more determined with photography thru all this bad things...anyway...thanks!

Who could have opened the door to your darkroom? Does anyone else have access??

i have my darkroom at my flat - so it could be anyone...i just dont have a key to this room - it could be an accident :( and a few seconds is enough...

One word. DIGITAL.

its not that easy -;)
i need negatives for my 'wood' pics and a large format photos...

i've just realised this is my 200 post..not much, he he..but it goes for you -:)

I know it's not quite the resolution of large format, but I can print lossless poster-size prints out of my Canon. (And I don't have to worry about going into a special room to see them. Well unless you count my den where the computer is. :D )

I guess I've just lost way too many negatives and had way too many rolls of film (including about 1/3 of my wedding photos :irked: ) ruined because they were on film to ever think about doing film seriously.

yep, you're absolutely right - the digital is a great solution, and im thinking about it all the time - but i still have problem with my 'woods' - the negative is necessary for it - i just dont know how could i get a neg from a digital camera?

How frustrating!

Anua, I've got my fingers crossed that you get some good luck coming your way!

Arrrrgh... So many bugging things! Sorry to hear about your bad luck. But look at it on the bright side, discovering Digital will probably be the most beneficial thing coming out of this bad experience.

Besides that, your woods don't look all that bad grouped 3x3, it could make a nice and interesting little artsy exhibit! :lol:

anua said:
yep, you're absolutely right - the digital is a great solution, and im thinking about it all the time - but i still have problem with my 'woods' - the negative is necessary for it - i just dont know how could i get a neg from a digital camera?

Well, it is possible to make a digital negative, you know. :wink: God, I can't believe I'm saying anything to support a bona fide alternative photographic artist like you moving to digital, but....it can be done.

But I think it's more likely your recent run of bad luck is just that - a recent run of bad luck. It will get better and you'll soon be wowing us with your amazing work again. :D

Most reactions

Back