JOATS Northern Harrier or Sunday Report

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Man is it nice to be back on high speed but sure wish I was still at the resort. We were not home more then an hour and I got the urge to shoot so my wife and I went down to the Marsh. The parking lot was packed so we hit the Halls Rd. paths and I came up with nothing but as I was heading back I caught a Northern Harrier buzzing over some fields so I positioned my self with the sun at my back and kept my fingers crossed. Well, someone was listening to my mumblings as he flew right by me. This 80-400VR lens gave me a few issues and made it very tough to shoot but I came away happy and well rewarded with my efforts.

lynde20064169368copy.jpg

lynde20064169369copy.jpg

lynde20064169367copy.jpg

lynde20064169370copy.jpg

lynde20064169372copy.jpg

Not bad for a half hour visit to the Marsh.

Cheers,

Eric

good stuff in the short timescale, awsome bird :thumbup:

It blows my mind that you come up with those shots of that bird in just a half hour visit to the marsh. Well done. TFS.

Nice Airic, lovely series. Did you get these around the open field? That's where I saw at least 4 of them. I wasn't patient, but If you waited along the path there would be many opportunities, I was tempted to park myself in the middle of the field but I hear it's frowned upon by the birding community.

JOAT said:
Nice Airic, lovely series. Did you get these around the open field? That's where I saw at least 4 of them. I wasn't patient, but If you waited along the path there would be many opportunities, I was tempted to park myself in the middle of the field but I hear it's frowned upon by the birding community.

I was actually heading out and saw him flying around the field in front of the Sobeys complex. It was a good chase and a gamble to get the sun on the right side but it paid off when he flew by right where I wanted him. Complete luck on the timing.

Eric

Antarctican said:
It blows my mind that you come up with those shots of that bird in just a half hour visit to the marsh. Well done. TFS.

I know eh? I would be happy with one of these shots.

Awesome as always Airic. Glad you got back safe and sound :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back