Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
'twas a bright and sunny Saturday morn....two wide eyed young TPFer's set out on a 1400 mile adventure across America....

...ok enough of that cheesy crap.

Today Joe and I start the road trip from his home outside of Houston, to Baltimore! We began the day with breakfast with Joe's Mom and Dad (I love them, btw) at thier country club. We left directly from there. It was beautiful out when we started...big billowy white clouds, but lots of blue skies....til we hit evil Louisiana (sorry Louisianans!) It almost instantly turned to all clouds and pouring down rain. Oh, and the roads sucked. Fun combination...torrential downpours and sucky roads. :grumpy: Strangely enough, almost the instant we crossed from Louisiana to Mississippi (right about the time I missed our exit...oops..) it cleared up again! There was a few more spots of rain, but not much. It was kinda pretty countryside...but Joe says tommorrow will be prettier. :) We're in Alabama now...after 660 miles , and 11 hours of driving, we stopped in Tuscaloosa. We had dinner at Ruby Tuesdays, and are now at a Microtel Inn for the night. There are scarey spiders here...so if you don't hear from me again, they might have devoured me. (Joe had to kill some fat ugly looking thing about a minute after we walked in the door...yuck).

Oh, we are taking pictures along the way...mostly nothing special...but kindof a photo travel journal...so once we're both home and settled, there will be pictures to go along with the travel log! :D

Tuscaloosa...

What kind of messed up drugs do you Dixielanders smoke up on when you think up town names? ;)

Have fun, Cor'n'Joe (or perhaps Cornjoe?)...speak to you soon

Today we should make it through Alabama, a tiny bit of Georgia, Tennessee, and into Virginia, so we'll see how far we make it. Oh, and it turns out that spider was just an abnormally big common house spider, though that didn't stop it from devouring Corry, so it looks like I'm on my own today...

Wow, you guys are making good time! Can't wait to see some pics of the trip!

It's today now!

First note: DON'T STAY AT THE MICROTEL INN! It kinda sucked. The room smelled funny, there were stains everywhere, no shampoo, crappy pillows, and I'm typing this from inside the belly of a giant spider.

Today we got up, ate a crappy breakfast at the hotel, and were on the road again around 9. We've now traveled a total of 1230 miles. :) And it was a clear and sunny day all day, too. We went through the remainder of Alabama, a teensy bit of Georgia, Tennessee, and we're now in Roanoke Virginia. It was an amazingly beautiful drive, too! Very hilly and curvy and fun to drive. :p Oh! And I'm proud of myself!!! Lil Miss Country Girl....whose never driven in a big city really...(well, once, in Joliet, a suburb of Chicago...but it wasn't much)...drove through Chatanooga TN...3 (at some spots 4) lanes of fairly heavy traffic. I know...no big deal....BUT IT IS TO ME! I'm proud. :)

We stopped and had dinner at the Cracker Barrel (delicious) before finding our hotel. We decided to stay at a nicer place this time since last night sucked so bad, so I'm typing this while sitting on an incredibly comfy bed in the Hampton Inn. It's SO much nicer than the Microtel. And it doesn't smell! And so far no sign of spiders! Which is good, cuz I think the spider whose belly I'm in is a bit territorial. :)

We have about 5 hours of driving tommorrow, and we'll be in Baltimore! Yay!

Hey Corry! Glad you're having a good trip. Driving through 4 busy lanes of traffic is something to be proud of, especially from inside a spider! I once stayed in a Microtel..it was brand new though..so I liked it. Hampton's are nicer though! Looking forward to the pictures. :) Keep having fun.

Eric.

EBphotography said:
Hey Corry! Glad you're having a good trip. Driving through 4 busy lanes of traffic is something to be proud of, especially from inside a spider! I once stayed in a Microtel..it was brand new though..so I liked it. Hampton's are nicer though! Looking forward to the pictures. :) Keep having fun.

Eric.
We just got through swimming in the hotel's indoor pool! Nice touch, I thought...
Our Microtel wasn't quite so new, or even liveable...It was awful :confused:

Well, that was a great night's sleep! Best hotel beds EVER. so comfy. mmm...
OK, anyways - today will be our final day of driving, all we have left is Virginia, Washington DC, and then we're pretty much back to my apartment. Should get there at about 1:30 this afternoon, and I can't wait :D

If you thought Chattanooga was bad (I live 2 hours away), try Atlanta on I-75.. ;) I think it has 8 lanes both ways at one point..for 16 lanes total. Hmm..that'd be a cool night shot! Anyway..you guys have gone through some of the best countryside roads in the country, especially if you jumped on I-40 and went east through the Smokey Mountains. I look forward to the photos. ;)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Most reactions

New Topics

Back