John Street - Luton - March

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
My second exploration and second in one day. More photos on my blog. www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk

Location: John Street, Luton - a part-demolished three story building

History: Not sure on this one. I’ve done a bit of research this morning and it’s not easy to find out. I’ve stumbled across some plans for demolition in the area and I think it used to be a warehouse of some description.

Aim: To be nosey and see what was there. We spotted it when we were walking past it so this wasn’t planned.

Team: ferny, DPW2008

Result: Success. A good nosey and it lasted about an hour. Not bad for a three story building which was falling apart. Oh, and did I mention that opposite this building is a regular haunt for the armed police? I’ve no idea why they go there but they’re there every time I go into town. That made things more interesting.

8b89d246.jpg

A motor for the ventilation system? Next to it was a wooden shed with large fabric bags which appeared to act as filters. Space was tight so I didn’t get any clear photos of them.

bf7499af.jpg

ce03caf0.jpg

Inside was dark…

4c7b6679.jpg

Lots of electricity in use in the building.

2b332b24.jpg

“And if you look to your left you’ll see a massive hole in the ceiling.”

39d3db2f.jpg

This was an area in the basement with no light. Around the floor were clothes from where people had obviously been sleeping rough. This was a “point, use the flash and hope it’s in focus” moment. There was no light… One odd thing, there was broken eggs and tea lights on the work bench.

84127512.jpg

Mr DPW2008 in a camp moment. Don’t worry, that’s not his real face. Or his shopping on the floor.

262436c5.jpg

Onto the first floor. A bit messy with ceiling tiles and light fittings on the floor.

39856b19.jpg

A pile of rubble on the wooden floor boards… Looking back, we weren’t in the safest of places, were we? The smell of rotting plasterboard throughout the whole building was horrible.

41d4af03.jpg

The damp was making the paint flake off of the walls.

4f59b981.jpg

You’re now looking into the big hole you saw earlier. I told you it was dark down there. ;)

32c164d1.jpg

Someone’s stolen the roof! And the walls.

46a4dd41.jpg

We felt it best not to walk along here.

c4c78201.jpg

Lift motor? It was a distance from the rest of the lift. I wonder why.

300b0d5e.jpg

But then we found some toilets!!! Yay!!! Blue for the boys.

b67a5685.jpg

And pink for the girls.

29ccf70b.jpg

I think this goes without saying.

3556aad2.jpg

And this is the two of us. Me on the left and DPW2008 on the right.

well those toilets are better than the ones in 'The Three Guineas' in town :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back