Joseph's Coat Rose macro

firemedic0135

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is an attempt at some macro photography and since I only have a 50mm lens that focuses close enough I had to zoom and crop.The two images below are from the same shot.One was edited in Sony's Image conversion software and the other in PSP 11 .I feel like I over saturated the one I did with Sony but I am unsure(I have been staring at them for awhile now).So let me know what you think about em.

Just a little info on the rose,It is a Joseph's Coat and gets its name due to the fact that it produces many different color(colour for my european friends:greenpbl: ) roses.It is the prettiest of my wifes Rose Bushes.

#1 Done with Sony Image Conversion Software

DSC04674conv.jpg

#2 Done in PSP 11

Joesephsrosepspcrop.jpg

May I take out the "e" in your original title?

OK, yes, I think you are right about the saturation: the detail of this beautiful rose gets lost in intense red in the first version. The flow in and out of orangey-yellow and back to red shows better in the second, the PSP11-edit.

Sweet bokeh. I like that 50mm and so want one! Alas! ... the money...
*rant: Every month I think: this time I'll manage. I'll put some back. Some will remain at the end of the month. Then my kids come: "I need ...!" :roll: and once more the 50mm lens disappears into an again far-away future /*end of rant.

May I take out the "e" in your original title?

OK, yes, I think you are right about the saturation: the detail of this beautiful rose gets lost in intense red in the first version. The flow in and out of orangey-yellow and back to red shows better in the second, the PSP11-edit.

Sweet bokeh. I like that 50mm and so want one! Alas! ... the money...
*rant: Every month I think: this time I'll manage. I'll put some back. Some will remain at the end of the month. Then my kids come: "I need ...!" :roll: and once more the 50mm lens disappears into an again far-away future /*end of rant.

You may take the "e" out as I tried but it did not go away apparantly:grumpy:

The bokah was my intent of this experiment and using the middle aperture f/9 to get the sharpest image possible for zooming and cropping.I was doing some reading on bokeh today and thought I would see what this lens would do.

Thanks as always corrina for your comments:mrgreen:

Made miracle happen: "e" gone :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back