• Total voters

photogoddess

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.trueblueintimates.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After our scouting trip this last weekend, we now have a much better idea of the lay of the land. The terrain is just as expected - sandy and rocky with lots of Joshua trees. :LOL: We had the good fortune of having some interesting weather - cloudy and rainy so the lighting literally changed from minute to minute.

We are in the process of making campsite reservations, planning food and some workshops. We need to know how many are officially coming and a deposit of $20 via Paypal towards the final cost per person. Deposits should to be sent to [email protected]. You can use the link at the bottom of any forum page. Please make sure you put a note in there so we know what it’s for. If you need to make your deposit another way, please contact Chase via PM.

If anyone is still unsure about attending, drop me or Chase a PM and let us know the likelyhood of you making it since once we reserve the spaces, we will be hard pressed to get more room considering that this trip falls during Spring Break.

As we get closer to the date, we will be posting sample menus.

Let us know if there is anything that you would like us to cover but here are some suggested workshops
Night photos - timed exposures and painting with light
Portraits - natural lighting - reflectors and diffuser use
Portraits - studio lighting 101
Macro
Desert landscapes - making harsh lighting & weather work for you.
Medium/Large format

And of course, some sample photos of the place. Hopefully Chase and Malachite will add some of their own.

IMG_5687e.jpg

IMG_5821e.jpg

IMG_5795e.jpg

IMG_5876e.jpg

IMG_5897e.jpg

IMG_5865e.jpg

IMG_5813e.jpg

Beautiful place! I'm still working on my financial status, but I'm almost positive I'll be able to make it! I should know for sure closer to December!

When are you guys planning on making the reservation, so I can get the donation in if I need to...

Zach :D

I said it would just be me coming, although there is still a ~possiblity~ my bf will come...a small one though.

Awesome, Chase!!! How close were you to that Fox? And who is that in the middle of the rock? I CAN'T WAIT TIL JOSHUA TREE!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

core_17 said:
Awesome, Chase!!! How close were you to that Fox?
Chase is a real live Steve Erwin. Getting into the mix of the wild kingdom and becoming one with the animals. That there coyote finally accepted Chase into the pack, allowing him to get that close :wink:

And my teaser contribution:

JT110704-15a.jpg

JT110704-24a.jpg

Malachite!!! Beautiful!!!! So, will you be giving the night shoot workshop? (that second one IS at night, right?)

Ok Boys and Girls! The time has come for us to make the reservations and start planning the rest of the trip. If you haven't participated in the poll and sent your deposit, the time to do so is now. If you are still thinking about coming but aren't quite sure yet, please drop me or Chase a quick pm. It's going to be an awesome trip!!! :p

Geez, I really hope this works out for me! Just trying to confirm that I'll have the money!

Zach :D

Ok, we now have 3 campsites booked.

We're going to be living it up in style with flush toilets and sinks with running water!!! :lol:

All together, these sites accomodate up to 18 people and it looks like we're fairly close to that limit. If you are interested in going and have not yet informed us, please do so as quickly as possible so we can make sure we don't run out of room!

Chase

Due to Matt having the first flight arrangements, we kind of set things according to his schedule. We are set to arrive at the campground sometime in the afternoon on Thursay, March the 17th to get our camp spots. We're planning on being out of the campsite sometime late Sunday, March 20th. Depending on flight schedules in and out , we may be arriving at the campground in shifts. Matt's flight arrives at Ontario Airport (San Bernardino, CA) at 1pm on the 17th. His flight home leave Monday morning at 10:45 out of the same airport. Chase and I will be available to pick up anyone flying in but if we could get some of the people to arrive and depart around the same times, it would make things much easier for all. Anyone flying in a needing a ride, please send Chase or I a copy of your itinerary.

Ok, I'm going to try to put together a list of who is coming and post it here. Let me know if I need to add you!

Confirmed (let me know if I left you out by mistake):
  • Chase + 1
    Photogoddess + 2 (I think)
    Voodoocat + 1
    Malachite
    Corry + ?
    Jeff Canes + ?
    Alison & Hobbes
    Lumi
    Karalee + 1
    ---------------
    15 Total so far

Hopefuls:
  • Aggiezach + 1

---------------
    2 Total so far

I'm sure I'm missing a few...let me know!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back