Josie

Emma Flavell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Josie096.jpg

My daughter this aftrenoon, walking our dogs up our lane.....I had the camera with me, but had to take the shots hand held as I didnt take tripod. C&C please
Josie054.jpg

CopyofJosie083.jpg

Doesn't look like you needed a tripod...you must have had a nice fast lens. The 2nd is my favorite, great tones and I love how the fence travels out of the DOF.

In my observations, these are snapshots. There is no composition as if there were no planning or forthought when they were snapped.

I like the exposure and the focus. But there's no composition. The subject is too centralized and the dogs distract my focus from the subject.

I like the exposure. But there's lno composition. The subject is centralized (most often a no-no in composition). The fence creates a receeding line that is an excellent anchor for leading my eyes to the subject, but it also receedes beyond and away from the subject and leads my eyes away from the subject.

Looks as if your viewfinder missed the shot you were going for. The ill crop ruined what had the makings of a good photograph.

Check out this URL for a general description for one of many aspects of composition....
Rule of Thirds
http://www.silverlight.co.uk/tutorials/compose_expose/thirds.html

Most reactions

New Topics

Back