Jousting

DramaDork626

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dramadork626.deviantart.com
olympus digital. outdoor, sunny, no flash
I really like this one, but something is funny about it and i cannot put my finger on it. Maybe it is that it is slightly blurry. But that is because he was obviously moving and my annoying-ass camera is slow....
Anyway, i wanna know how to fix it, lemme know
Jousting.jpg

there is a nice feeling of movement.

Has a slightly grey cast to it though. Maybe adjusting the curves will get rid of that or a bit of saturation?

you should have left more space in the right to add a sense of motion. this way, it seems as if he were advancing towards a wall or smth, especially because of the large space on th e left, ihe seems compressed into the right.

the levels magic is indeed necessary and a suprasaturation never hurt :D

mreh, as far as positioning goes, alot cou;dnt be helped, this wasnt an easy shot to get seeing how the jousters didnt sit still for even a second and I had to just keep taking pictures till i got something good, or kinda good heh.

seeing as how you're shooting digital, why not just use the burst mode? burst away and one of n pics should turn out fine.. :D

i agree that the pic is kinda good but in the end nobody wants to see a horse's ass :lol:

really? you really don't know about burstmode? that's funny. well maybe you don't even have the mode but it should me somewhere near single shot and (maybe) multishot. dunno but it's a mode where the camera just snapps away. mine can take about 120 continuous pics at 1Mpix and only 17 at 5Mpix before the buffer gets too full to record anything else. the burst rate can be adjusted ( i have 1/30, 1/45 and 1/90 as modes+anything higher on M). Well you usually don't use this but in some cases it's really useful.

and big tip: ALWAYS READ THE USER MANUAL TOP TO BOTTOM! you never know what could come in handy.

i'm curious as to why you posted this in the critique section (?). Every time someone gives you a suggestion, you just say that it couldnt be done. Sometimes it's good to think about next time... As for 'saving' this image, that is something I believe cannot be done without severe cropping and editing.

Cuz I get frustrated when people tell me things I already know...what I wanna know is what to do in photo shop and people rarely tell me that. Though I suppose I should be more specific on my description...

in photoshop:

Saturation = image>adjustments>hue/saturation
Contrast = image>adjustments>Brightness/contrast
Unsharpen Mask = filter>sharpen>unsharpen mask
Levels = image>adjustments>levels
Curves = image>adjustments>curves
...and your crop tool is in your tool box, third one down, on your left

Those are how to access some of the functions that people have suggested to you on improving your picture. Plus a few more. These are probibly the things you will use the most when editing your photos.

The best why to get familiar with them is to just mess around with them and see what results you get.

Is that what you wanted to know? :)

Most reactions

Back