Jr. High Basketball Game last night C&C welcome!

CMfromIL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Daughter had another game last night to cheer at, which meant I had to go and take pictures!:greenpbl: I really need to get to a gym that isn't lit by candlelight.:lmao:

ISO 6400, shutter 1/500, aperature between 4.0 and 5.6. I tried not to zoom out too much as the aperature opened to 5.6. I had enough problems with lighting as it was. I've also looked into rental equipment, but my town isn't very large and there doesn't appear a place to do it. Unfortunate. I'd like to try a 2.8 or so.

IMG_3418-1.jpg

2. First picture of 2 shot group. Had camera on 'burst mode'.

IMG_3486-1.jpg

3. Second picture following #2. He made the shot, got the foul, and the free throw. It wasn't a good game for the Titans!

IMG_3487-1.jpg

4. Not quite a dunk, but they could jump.

IMG_3525-1.jpg

5. Denied!

IMG_3407.jpg

You appear to have a pretty good eye for timing. Keep shooting! With more practice, you will get better and better. These shots are pretty good considering the gear you have and the very few games you've had the chance to photograph!

I agree I like the shots. Keep shooting!

Thank you all for the kind words. I ought to go to some of the games at the HS. I wonder what better lighting would do. Certainly cut down on the grain.

have to say the first one is great, good action, nice faces, timing was spot on. The others are all pretty weak, for all the opposite reasons I listed on the first one. Keep at.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back