JT goers are BACK :D

hobbes28 said:
Hopefully I can get all this straight in naming. Starting on the back row, from the left:

Aggie Zach, Voodoocat, Chase, MDowdey, Donald (Photogoddess' son), Malichite
ferny said:
Malichite is the only one who looks like I would have thought he would.
Other than the fact than you guys can't spell, I guess it's nice to be noticed (I think) It's easy to look like anyone when your description reads as common as a Chevy truck.

Malachite = 6' tall, brown eyes, brown hair, 177lbs (according to the big scale at the grocery store) So generic you might as well put a big ACME sticker on me ;)

malachite said:
Malachite = 6' tall, brown eyes, brown hair, 177lbs (according to the big scale at the grocery store) So generic you might as well put a big ACME sticker on me ;)
:lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao:

Other than the fact than you guys can't spell, I guess it's nice to be noticed (I think) It's easy to look like anyone when your description reads as common as a Chevy truck.
I blame Aubrey. I copied and pasted from his post. Good news though, Word picked up on it. I just ignored it. :oops: :mrgreen:

When out to California early and stayed longer to see the Sierra Nevada range. So I just got in this morning (3/31) on a red eye. Dropped my color MF off at the lab. Return home to download my digital shots and could not find my digital wallet. OMG!! I have filed lost & found reports with the airports and car rental. But, I know they are history. That the bad news, but it gets better.

I got to the campsite about hours or so before Photogoddess and MD arrived. It was easy to find because of the tripod garden. I add my too. Honestly it usually takes me a lot of time to become conformable around people. But, Everyone was very friendly (Some friendlier that others LOL). Absolutely would meet up with them again and I hope they fell the same way.

PS: If you are in the Vegas airport and double your money on the video poker machine quit.

MDowdey said:
i saved the real juicy ones for ceno :hug:: :hug:: :lol: :lol: :hail: :hail:

Damn Matt, does it mean I have to share you with Ceno? :):):):D that might be intersting... Ceno which part of MD do you want?? :D:D

Love the group shot!! :) :thumbup: But I've seen pics of you all before...am I the only one who could have named everyone without the L to R? Well, ok, except for Traci and PG's son, and I would have been guessing about Jeff. ;) But everyone looks so familiar, like a gathering of neighbors.

You all look cold and dirty, and I still would have loved being there too. :)

Jeff!!!! I'm so sorry to hear you can't find your digital images :( Hopefully someone will find it and they will find their way home. I'm glad you had taken some film as well so you'll still have some photos. I was wonderful to meet you, and I'm glad we had a chance to get to know each other a little better. Chase is already gearing up for a Florida trip next year, so hopefully we'll see you again soon!

So, here's our story:

We left out of Boston on Wednesday afternoon, it took 1.5 hours to find a parking spot because they closed several of the lots. Then, our passenger side window wouldn't go up but after Aubrey took the door apart we got it to stay semi-up at least. The flight was long but uneventful. Chase and Star met us at the airport, which was odd because though we talk daily we haven't seen many photos of them. So, we get off the esclator and this woman starts walking toward me and I realize it must be Star :mrgreen: I realized that I had left my sunglasses (prescription!!) on the plane and we filed a report but never heard back. We headed out to pick up the RV and then stopped at Denny's (must have been about 2am our time) for some food.

The next morning we finished up the essential packing (and a trip to the store for munchies) and headed out to JT. I have to say that Star's truck ROCKS and we had a great time riding out there together and stayed in touch with the RV folks via CB radio. I was amazed by the California landscape, the mountains were much bigger than I imagined and the desert, while barren, had a unique beauty to it. We took some photos that afternoon and like Matt, headed to bed early because jet lag hit us full force at about 8:00pm.

The next day we went and did some exploring and realized that the weather didn't care we had travelled 3000 miles, it was still going to rain and be chilly. Chad arrived mid morning and it was great to have everyone together. Aubrey and I took a hike later on that day up one of the hills in our campsite and had a great time just looking out over the valley and watching some wildlife.

On Saturday we went to go explore an old mine, but Chad, Matt and I wussed out about halfway up the trail and turned back to meet up with Jeff and Aubrey. Still, the view was great and it was fun to heckle drivers trying to find a spot in a very full parking lot. On the way back the sun broke through and I think that was when the full beauty of the desert hit me. Watching the sun hit the Joshua Trees and create stunning shadows on the rock formations was amazing. We stopped at a dam and got some of the best photos of the trip.

On Sunday we headed back to LA and Chase and Star were gracious to show us around LA. We were typical tourists and even hung out the window of the truck to get photos of the Hollywood sign. Chase kept shaking his head and mumbling "tourists" :mrgreen:. I loved the desert and the friends we met up with there, but having that extra day with Chase and Star was a great experience. We ended up at the Santa Monica pier and took a stroll through the shops on a street lined with trees lit up with white lights. The musicians were great and we got some kick ass Jamba Juice to end the night. Then it was back to Chase's for a little dip in the hot tub....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

On Monday morning we left early to head back to the airport. LAX was a zoo and the security line was about 4 hours long (no joke!). They were pulling people out of line 1/2 hour before the flight and bringing them in through the staff security point. Our flight had been overbooked and when we got to the gate area we heard the announcement that the flight was leaving and if we weren't there in 1 minute our seats would be given away. So, we ran.......must have made a funny sight with our camera gear, carry ons and jackets trying to make it in time. By the time we got there the doors were closed and they let the last two people on the plane. So, we made arrangements for a later flight and Chase was gracious enough to come pick us up and we got an extra day in LA :thumbsup: We decided to surprise Star and go out to lunch with her. We hit in the back of the truck and she didn't notice a thing until she spotted Aubrey in the back, poised with the camera to catch her expression :mrgreen:
We had a great day with Chase, did some shopping and then just relaxed. We ended up having dinner with Chase and Star and going back to the airport (again!). This time there was no line and we caught the red-eye back to the East coast.

I finally sorted through my images and will have a few to post later this weekend. It was a great trip and I look forward to next year! Hopefully Florida will be warmer :)

hahah do tou know what I noticed!?! Tha all of you pay more attention to what you were doing alone or with your partner or in a small group rather that the whole JT meeting :) ok it's time to tell the truth :)... you know... alc... and other crazy things you DID there :)

Scott can I have a part of you too? As well as MD's? :D:D

mentos_007 said:
Scott can I have a part of you too? As well as MD's? :D:D

Heh, any part you want
sexywink.gif

REALLY!!!??? woow cool :) when can we meet? :)

Most reactions

Back