Judge me please!

nada87

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking for feedback! I am currently shooting with a Canon T3i with a 18-55mm kit lens. One of my biggest problems is camera shake, I hate the time it takes to set up the tripod never mind carrying it around. These were all taken at the Chicago Botanic Garden.

$CBG5.jpg
$CBG8.jpg
$CBG11.jpg
$CBG12.jpg
$CBG27.jpg

Well, you asked for it….

Your a self centered, photo taking hipster with low self esteem and poor vision. Is that enough judgement for you? lol Just kidding. ;)

I like your photos. The first and last one are a little under exposed. Nicely framed though.

I like your photo's. I have heard it said. When looking at your own work, try to judge it, as you would someone else's work. You have a great start, use that and keep stepping up. Ed

You do have an eye. I'd lose the watermark - at least until you have images that others may want to copy. Also, be aware of the foreground/background of your subjects - in the first image the pattern of fountains is interesting, but the backround is too clear and sharp and distracts from the main subject. In the second, fourth and fifth images there is background stuff that does not contributed to the main image. In general, include the background when it provides an appropriate context for the main subject, and eliminate or minimize it if it distracts or competes.

I like your photos too.

For # 1, you may want to try and use a smaller aperture. Push it to f/9, then f/22 .. you'll have to increase your shutter time. But that will help to make the water more frothy which will make a neater impact (normally people use ND filters but the aperture works some too). Try various apertures and compare. I suggest that because you use a tripod. If you like the results you may want to get a remote release - which allows you to take a shot without touching the camera.

Nice shots - I really like # 4 too :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back