Julia - a 3 year old moving target

wildmaven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
wildmaven.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C/C welcome. :) Julia was a powerhouse of energy. She would not stop moving. I have tons of blurry hand/head/feet/name a body part pictures out of the bunch I took of her today. Not shy in the least, she admired my watch, had to check the pictures to make sure I got them, and moved my posing chair across the room, all in between showing me her latest dance steps, which just meant she held her arms out to her sides and twirled in a circle (not great for photos, LOL).

1. The first thing she said when she arrived was "I found a penny!!" Well, I couldn't let that go to waste. I'm not usually a huge fan of selective color, but I just had to on this shot:​

julia01.jpg

2. Then, she saw my pile of fake flowers in the corner, so I handed them to her.

julia07.jpg

3. Talking about Spongebob Squarepants:​

julia04.jpg

4. This is just before she told me "I'm taking a break."

julia10.jpg

5. Of course, I couldn't leave her alone, even when she was "on break", hee hee.​

julia03.jpg

6. All in all, a very sweet child and a lot of fun. I wish the session had been longer.​

julia06.jpg

Marian

What a cutie pie. Her eyes are a little soft in a few, but I imagine it was hard to keep her still.

What a cutie pie. Her eyes are a little soft in a few, but I imagine it was hard to keep her still.

I didn't want to photoshop too much because I'm still too new at it. Most of these were only just adjusted for temperature. I'm afraid to oversharpen, eek. I had trouble not blowing out the highlights on her hair, as you can see, too. That really blonde hair is HARD to light!

#4, shes taking a break, haha. i love it

While they were walking out through our art gallery, she pulled her mom to stop. Pointing at all the glass art, she said, "let's shop around." :lmao:

Right now, all the children sessions I have over the next couple weeks are volunteers from my coworkers so that I can practice. My coworkers are wonderful. I have a couple more 3 year olds. I can't wait for the 9 year old twins!! So, any help/suggestions are definitely appreciated. :heart:

well, i can't offer any advice as i have never shot indoor as you do without being by a window or something (i have no equipment) but i will offer encouragement as i like your work and your website. :)

well, i can't offer any advice as i have never shot indoor as you do without being by a window or something (i have no equipment) but i will offer encouragement as i like your work and your website. :)

Thank you! Having been discouraged by a mentally abusive husband for 8 years, who told me my work was horrible, my self esteem was at an all-time low. Now with a new, supportive husband, I'm just starting to get my confidence back, so your encouragement means the world to me. :) :heart:

Thank you! Having been discouraged by a mentally abusive husband for 8 years, who told me my work was horrible, my self esteem was at an all-time low. Now with a new, supportive husband, I'm just starting to get my confidence back, so your encouragement means the world to me. :) :heart:

well, I am glad you now have a husband who encourages you. I have a very supportive husband as well, but I couldn't make it without him as I also have horrible self-esteem!! we can hang in there together ;)

btw...i just took some pics of my nephew sunday while i was hanging out with my sister-in-law. we did them inside (by a window...hehe) and i have some really cute ones, but in some his eyes are too soft as he is just learning to sit up and crawl and he is an explorer!! hard to keep him still. so, i understand your difficult task with the little one above. i give mad props (yeah i said it) to baby photogs!

Hi. Good job with the 3 year old. Always on the move aren't they? I think #1 is in bad need of some contrast, but it's still interesting. #4 made me laugh- she has the kiddy cleavage!

Hi. Good job with the 3 year old. Always on the move aren't they? I think #1 is in bad need of some contrast, but it's still interesting. #4 made me laugh- she has the kiddy cleavage!

Hahhahaha, yeah, when I saw that, I just had to laugh.

I agree about #1. I'm still trying to figure out how to up the contrast, but not make the penny overly dark.

Most reactions

Back