Herding cats since 1988...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,

Thanks to those who took part in the June challenge, let's see how the vote goes this time.

The Photo Challenge this month is on the theme "After Dark"

EDIT: Prizes, we have prizes. To the winner of the vote will go a $25.00 Amazon voucher courtesy of the TPF owners.

For all those who wish to participate in this challenge please take a moment to read through the following:

- The deadline for submissions is 31 July 2009
- The image can be no larger then 150KB*
- Include your forum username when submitting
- The attached photo must be in the form of a .jpg
- Please keep your photo anonymous (no distinguishing watermarks, and no photos that have been posted previously on the forum)
- Submit no more than one photo
- If you wish you may include a title when submitting your photo (please ensure that the attached photo is renamed as the chosen title)
- The form must also be included when submitting the photo
- The forum Admins and Moderators reserve the right to exclude or remove any photo solely at their discretion
- The forum Admins and Moderators reserve the right to decide the winner of the photo challenge
- All submitted photos will be posted, along with a poll, in a new thread within the first week of the following month
- Once created, the voting poll will last for 14 days before it closes automatically

>>>>>>>>>> Copy and Paste this into your submission email <<<<<<<<<<

ThePhotoForum.com Username:
*Photo Title (optional):
Is the attached photo 150KB or less? Y/N
Is the attached photo a jpeg? Y/N
Has this photo been posted before? Y/N
Please submit only one photo per challenge.
Please enter your email subject as "July '09 Challenge Submission"

*Please ensure that the attached photo is named the title you wish it to have otherwise the title will not be used.
.................................................. .................................................. ...

Please email your photo to [email protected] and remember to enter the subject as indicated.

All photos must include the form when submitted. Just copy and paste it into your email. This will ensure that no mistakes are made when photos are submitted and therefore, hopefully, no photos are excluded. If the form is not included in the submission email the photo will not be included in the challenge gallery and voting process.

There is more important information regarding rules and procedures located in the FAQ section. We highly recommend that you take the time to read these FAQs.

Good luck to everyone and have fun with this challenge!

*150KB will be taken as the “size on disk” and not the actual file size. Also some email programs consider 1KB=1000Bytes as oppposed to 1KB=1024Bytes. When these programs calculate attachment size they will often read larger then they actually are. To be safe we recommend a target size of about 140KB so that once sent it does not go over 150KB.

i can guess there is gonna be a few fireworks in this challenge lol

So this can be any random pic of anything after dark or does it have to have lights in it of some sort can i get a example

From my perspective, pretty much anything taken at least an hour after the sun has dipped below the horizon and a good hour before it re-appears on the other side is fair game. It doesn't matter whether it's taken indoors or outside. Subject matter is entirely up to you.

4th of July was the perfect opportunity for this!!

Just to clear something up ? How much post-processing freedom do we get ?

Bogus..I shouldn't have posted up my stalker pics

ok Chris, thanks for clearing that up. ;)

- Please keep your photo anonymous (no distinguishing watermarks, and no photos that have been posted previously on the forum)

This one particular aspect of these rules is what keeps me from joining up in these things... generally, if I have a pic that I think is neat, I post it to the forum. I have a bunch in this particular category too, since I'm such a night photography nut. Kind of a bummer.

i'm new to this forum, i've done a couple photo contest on my vw forum.

i'm just a little confused about this... shouldnt you have your watermark/logo on it? since your posting your own work?

i'm new to this forum, i've done a couple photo contest on my vw forum.

i'm just a little confused about this... shouldnt you have your watermark/logo on it? since your posting your own work?

It's to keep the contest fair. Personal marks of any kinda could create biasism.

oh, makes sense. well i posted that before i knew how the poll went. i realized you email it and then its posted in the gallery. makes sense now.

Most reactions

Back