July '09 Photo Challenge - "After Dark"

For those who've not taken part before, there is no confirmation email ...
Hi all,
I just wanted to point out that newbies like me will probably be waiting for a confirmation email because the FAQ says:
"Will I get a confirmation that my image was received? Yes! You should get a reply email from the forum moderator saying that your entry was received."

Does it have to be taken from this month? I have something from June I think would fit the subject really well.

so i took a photograph that was "after dark" but the thing is that even if it was taken during the day it would still look the same. could/should i pick it to be in this contest or just photograph something that is showing that it is after dark?

Does it have to be taken from this month? I have something from June I think would fit the subject really well.

MJI, check the second page of this topic and the answer is there :)

You can submit older material, but the aim of this is to submit new material.

i don't mean to be pushy but i submitted my picture 2 days ago but haven't received a confirmation email :meh:

i don't mean to be pushy but i submitted my picture 2 days ago but haven't received a confirmation email :meh:
It states in the rules that you will receive one, but I do not think that's true these days. I didn't either, I wouldn't sweat it too much ;)

Oh, and good luck :thumbup:

OK, the door is now firmly closed for any further submissions. I'll sort out what's been received and get them up in a poll over the next day or so.

On the subject of confirmation emails, I must admit I wasn't aware of that when I took over the running of the Challenge, and haven't done it for any submission to date. The only time I email is to point out where entrants have not followed the submission rules. I'm not planning to start issuing confirmation emails, as I don't have enough time to do that at the moment.

i know this was semi covered in the rules regarding the 150kb and please excuse my noobiness in my following question as i have never entered in this contest before.

(this is on a mac if it makes any difference) when i saved by picture in PS, the file size is 106kb. when i view "get info" for the picture afterwards it's 147kb. when i attach the file to my email composition after that, it turns out to be 130kb.

those numbers are not exact, however it is accurate in showing which step in my "sizing down" process reveals a greater file size than the other. so which size should i base my submission on?

the rules covered how attaching it to an email will increase the file size, but it never mentioned anything about the difference in the PS stated size and the size of if when i view the picture's info.

Go with what the email says and if there's a problem what the email says and if there's a problem, we'll work from there.

OK, there were 27 qualifying entries during July. I'm not going to be able to deal with setting the poll up until over the weekend (that's Thursday/Friday where I am). So if you can all bear with me on this one, I'd be grateful. No one will lose out on any voting time, it'll just be a bit later than I'd normally like.

OK, there were 27 qualifying entries during July. I'm not going to be able to deal with setting the poll up until over the weekend (that's Thursday/Friday where I am). So if you can all bear with me on this one, I'd be grateful. No one will lose out on any voting time, it'll just be a bit later than I'd normally like.
Wow, 27 entries, huh? That's going to make it pretty difficult to decide a favorite.

Anyway, we just appreciate you setting it up. Thank you :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back