July 2019 Sm4him Memorial Photo Challenge Winner ("End/Ending")

snowbear

Fuzzy, wuzzy Nanuq
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd like to thank all of the participants, again.

Now, to the winner: Congratulations to @CherylL for "End of an Era."
endofanera-jpg.177653

Congratulations!
Gerard

Congratulation @CherylL. Great composition and well deserved win.

Congrats, I voted for this one too. :)

Last edited:
Thank You!! I enjoyed seeing all of the entries and interpretations. The idea came to me after a week of thinking about end or ending. When my MIL passed I had said it felt like her passing was the end of an era, that she was her own era because she was bigger than life at under 5 foot. It took me a week to dig out the items from various locations and I had the arrangement in my head before I actually set up and shot this.

I was her helper for over a decade after my FIL passed and she referred to me as her secretary. She did talk a little about the items shown. Her age was a closely guarded secret and I did find out when I started handling her paperwork. I did tell my husband, her son. People would assume I was her granddaughter which she didn't like. She was a character and I hope I did a fair representation of her. She had a flair about her and when she entered a room everyone knew it. The sad thing was watching dementia take hold the last few years of her life.

Thanks again for the congrats.

What a beautifully conceived and realized photo. It's an art to arrange a still life. The love shows, and that always makes a winner!

Congrats!

Thanks!

What a beautifully conceived and realized photo. It's an art to arrange a still life. The love shows, and that always makes a winner!

Thanks! She was a special lady. I had this arranged in my head before I set up. Glad you liked the arrangement.

Most reactions

Back