Jumpin in head first...

jedithebomber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I picked everything up in the picture below today from a craigslist add for $100. I am converting an area in my house into a darkroom.

Any advice? or good online resources for a darkroom beginner?

EDIT: What would be the most cost effective (read: cheaper) b&w film/chemicals/paper to start with, since I assume most of my work will end up in the trash bin as I am starting out.

l_223681347505d8a51944a0180b883bec.jpg

Image is blurry :(, long story.

ann

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
check out ILford's website and their PDF files for developing film and printing.
it is very basic but it is agood start.

there are a ton of books available, but a couple a would suggest. "Black and White Photopgraphy a Basic Manual" by Henry Horenstein and "Black & White Photographic Printing Workshop " by Larry Bartlett.

you will be fillin gup the "learning Bin".

check Freestyle. They have a wide variety of papers /chemistry, etc.

If available you might want to check out the community to see if there are any classes available as it can save you a lot of "headaches" to have someone to break down the steps.

Also, there are many different ways to print, i would suggest you find "one voice" to listen too, as it can get very confusing and believe it or not there are a lot of people out here who talk alot and don't really know what they are talking about.

Have fun and remember, it is not will i make a mistake, rather when will i make which one. And every photographer makes the same mistakes.

Most reactions

New Topics