Jumpin in head first...

jedithebomber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I picked everything up in the picture below today from a craigslist add for $100. I am converting an area in my house into a darkroom.

Any advice? or good online resources for a darkroom beginner?

EDIT: What would be the most cost effective (read: cheaper) b&w film/chemicals/paper to start with, since I assume most of my work will end up in the trash bin as I am starting out.

l_223681347505d8a51944a0180b883bec.jpg

Image is blurry :(, long story.

check out ILford's website and their PDF files for developing film and printing.
it is very basic but it is agood start.

there are a ton of books available, but a couple a would suggest. "Black and White Photopgraphy a Basic Manual" by Henry Horenstein and "Black & White Photographic Printing Workshop " by Larry Bartlett.

you will be fillin gup the "learning Bin".

check Freestyle. They have a wide variety of papers /chemistry, etc.

If available you might want to check out the community to see if there are any classes available as it can save you a lot of "headaches" to have someone to break down the steps.

Also, there are many different ways to print, i would suggest you find "one voice" to listen too, as it can get very confusing and believe it or not there are a lot of people out here who talk alot and don't really know what they are talking about.

Have fun and remember, it is not will i make a mistake, rather when will i make which one. And every photographer makes the same mistakes.

Most reactions

Back