Jumping back in to photography...

jubilee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi!
I let life take me away from photography a few years ago and can no longer resist the pull to go back!! My passion was black and white film (largely macro and people) that I would process fully on my own. Access to a darkroom is difficult (and time consuming), but I hate for that to be a reason that I don't have a camera at my side!!
And so-- I am delving back in, this time trying digital and I will see where it takes me.
I'm happy to have found this forum, every one seems so friendly and open. I have been reading avidly for weeks and finally decided I should go ahead and make a profile.
-Allison

Welcome and look forward to seeing your work - be interesting to see your macro work; did you do any scanning for digital display of it?

I did scan some of the work... but its on an old laptop that is away in storage. One day I'll get around to accessing the files. I'm more excited about getting some new stuff going. Going camping for a couple days, but when I get back I will have lots of questions about lens recs and such.
great to be here!!

My new toy just arrived.. decided to go with the Nikon D5500. I like the small size and I decided I was being a bit ambitious in falling for the D7200 after being out of the game for so long. Baby steps...
I bought a refurbished body with 18-55 mm that smells, feels and looks brand new. I am still waiting for delivery of a 40 mm macro, which will likely become my favored lens. I love a near "normal" lens for most subject matter and love to work with macro.
So far my only complaint is that I have to wait for the battery to charge before I can play :) I guess my dog will get a walk before sunset after all.

Most reactions

Back