Jumping in

BillWYellowstone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all. Found forum using a google search for another subject. Used to belong to the PhotographyOnTheNet forum till it disappeared.

I live and work in Yellowstone NP, right at Old Faithful. I am here pretty much year round with the exception of 6 weeks in Nov/Dec while southern part of park is closed and likewise mid-Mar thru mid April for snow removal. We use the 10 weeks (unpaid, can't have everything), to travel in our motorhome and visit other parks in the southwest. Heading to Moab and Page in 3 weeks!

I shoot Canon, shot Minolta back in my early film days, starting with an SRT-101. Did some catalog photos, freelance newspaper and wedding back then, had a B&W darkroom. Stopped doing weddings, (God bless the wedding photographer!) (especially in film days!), now I concentrate on wildlife and landscape. Have some out on notecards and prints selling here.

Looking forward to learning from the group and sharing my thoughts on park living.

Welcome to TPF and holy smokes, you get to be there nearly all the time? #JEALOUS!!!!!

Yes, I do. Want real jealous, I get to be here when it is closed, however, reign in the jealous, as when closed I can't venture too far to go shoot.

I was there once about 5 years ago, one year prior to owning a DSLR. :( Wifey is from Canada and we drove up from California. It was Spring, I believe April. Absolutely beautiful. Just in time where the snow was melting but plentiful, and the waterfall was free flowing. Of course deer, buffalo, and elk all over the place.

Wow, that's quite the place to live.

Welcome from Charlotte, North Carolina.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back