June '08 Photo Challenge - "Shadow and Light"

Hey everyone, I want to post a pic for the June challange but I do not understand how to reduce a 2.5MB pic to 150k and still keep the picture large enough and clean enough to be viewed. Any suggestions
Thanx

Hey everyone, I want to post a pic for the June challange but I do not understand how to reduce a 2.5MB pic to 150k and still keep the picture large enough and clean enough to be viewed. Any suggestions
Thanx
I'd had the same question last month, and TwistMyArm was kind enough to tell me what to do. In photoshop (and probably other image editor apps) I selected Image, Image Size to decrease the over all size of my image from the huge native dimensions straight off the compact flash card. I experimented to discover what size might work. From there, I selected File, Save for Web, which gives various options for saving. One of those options should bring your file size to somewhere about 130kb, which shouldn't then go over the 150kb limit. If the size you select is under the 150kb, but too close, when you email it, it will increase a bit in size and may go over the limit. Choosing something about 130kb should be safe.

Guys do not post your entries in this thread... The Contest is supposed to be Anonymous so do not submit anything with a watermark as well... Submit your photos to the email address, and read TwistMyArm's post thoroughly for instructions on how to submit your photo...

Here's the link to the FAQs regarding the Challenges. It's informative and worth the reading. It answers questions about where to email the images, what should or shouldn't be on the images, sizes. It also answers questions regarding who can submit and who can vote.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/faq.php?faq=challenge_faq_item

Excuse the typo in the title! Finger dyslexia. Couldn't edit it to fix it to Challenge FAQs.

Engagement4.jpg

You're definately going to win :) Take out the Candy B Photography and then e-mail it. We dont' know the difference and will just forget who it's from :)

~Michael~

:)

Why's that

~Michael~
Extremely old line, which turns around the old saying, "Hey, I resent that remark!" Which is what would normally be expected, and instead turns it into a statement of agreement. "Hey, I resemble that remark!"

Goes back to at least the days of the Three Stooges, and maybe as far back as Socrates. It's a way of making fun of oneself.

How do prizes work and how do I know if there is a prize involved?

Here I am, desperately trying to come up with something for this month's challenge. Been driving the spousal unit bonkers with cords all over the house, running up the electric bill, and in general, being excessively under foot.

2594195933_2365c5daf4_o.jpg

Here I am, desperately trying to come up with something for this month's challenge. Been driving the spousal unit bonkers with cords all over the house, running up the electric bill, and in general, being excessively under foot.

2594195933_2365c5daf4_o.jpg

Nice

~Michael~

How long does it take to find out if your photo has been submitted?

On July 1st all of the submitted photos will be posted so we can vote :)

On July 1st all of the submitted photos will be posted so we can vote :)

Thanks, but I mean an email response that our photo will be included? Or is there not one? :)

Last month was my first submission. I don't recall seeing a confirmation. I recall wondering if my file size was acceptable. When the submissions were posted, I was happy to see mine there. Not that it garnered any votes over the next week, but, it was there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back