June '08 Photo Challenge - "Shadow and Light"

the pics aren't going to be uploaded right away. no matter! it's still a great contest and if you get impatient, you can check out some of the past winners.

as for prizes, show your support to some of their sponsors! I for one will vouch for adorama, especially their rental department - and b&h has a great return policy :)

Here are my possible two entries - I decided on the building one in the end as it had more 'light' as well as shadows where as the pigeon just has a good shadow???

what do you guys think? (both these files are under 150Kb) should be no problem getting these down to 150K - try 700pixels along longest edge and jpeg compression 7 in photoshop.

LightSpill.jpg

or

PigeonToes.jpg

good luck everyone!

Here are my possible two entries - I decided on the building one in the end as it had more 'light' as well as shadows where as the pigeon just has a good shadow???

what do you guys think? (both these files are under 150Kb) should be no problem getting these down to 150K - try 700pixels along longest edge and jpeg compression 7 in photoshop.

Did you even bother to read the rules IN BIG AND BOLD AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE?

On July 1st all of the submitted photos will be posted so we can vote :)

It's July 1st, almost 7:30pm over here.. just wondering when they get posted up?

It's July 1st, almost 7:30pm over here.. just wondering when they get posted up?

It can take up to 3 or 4 days for the poll to open. I can't get over all the people who posted photos in the thread, those are all D.Q'd. It's a shame... Oh well, they'll know for next month... :wink:

It can take up to 3 or 4 days for the poll to open. I can't get over all the people who posted photos in the thread, those are all D.Q'd. It's a shame... Oh well, they'll know for next month... :wink:

Well thats what happens when you don't follow the rules, or even bother to read them.

I personally think this is a pretty bad challenge... :thumbdown:

Most reactions

Back