June Bug

LizM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I think that is what kind of bug this is anyway.
junebug.jpg

I don't know what kind of bug it is either, but I do know it is a nice picture. Can you provide any information of the specs of this picture?

Digital Rebel. 1/250 sec, F10, 400 effective ISO, 28-90mm lens, shot on 90mm macro. I took it at a local botanical garden a few months back.

(Ain't digital wonderful? I'd have no clue as to setting without the camera remembering them!)

i think thats a japanese beetle or a vibernum beetle... june bugs are fatter and more brown, i belive... nice shot, i wish its head wasnt so dark

hey liz...great shot... i dont know the true name, but its what we always called a june bug...
you can tie a string around thier leg, and they will fly in a circle over your head.... ( hey in arkansas, you do anything for kicks...)

cool shot, girl... love it!

It is almost a self-portrait in a June bug (or "Japanese beetle", as some on here know it is)! :D Very well focussed.

What does 400 effective ISO mean?

Beautiful capture, LizM! Love the yellow against dark background.

aprilraven said:
hey liz...great shot... i dont know the true name, but its what we always called a june bug...
you can tie a string around thier leg, and they will fly in a circle over your head.... ( hey in arkansas, you do anything for kicks...)

cool shot, girl... love it!

OH I'm SO glad we aren't the only ones who did that to June bugs!!!!! And you had to make sure the string wasn't too heavy or they wouldn't fly very long!

Thanks for all the kind remarks guys!!!

LaFoto said:
It is almost a self-portrait in a June bug (or "Japanese beetle", as some on here know it is)! :D Very well focussed.

What does 400 effective ISO mean?

Its a digital camera so it isn't real film speed...just effectively works like it as far as telling the camera what parameters to operate in. :wink:

Wonderf job with the close up! Love seeing the color and the texture just stand out in the June bug..

Most reactions

Back