Jupiter

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Given what a quick internet search of Jupiter would yield, this may not seem too impressive, but.... I was able to capture an image of Jupiter at is't opposition, meaning the point at which Jupiter and Earth are closest to each other given their respective orbits around the Sun. I captured the image using a Celestron 8" SCT telescope and the actual image is stacked from video frames, then processed in PS. This process works better that still images because atmospheric distortion is better nullified by averaging video frames. Anyway.. The Big Red Spot is visible at the right side of the lower dark band.

Given what a quick internet search of Jupiter would yield, this may not seem too impressive, but.... I was able to capture an image of Jupiter at is't opposition, meaning the point at which Jupiter and Earth are closest to each other given their respective orbits around the Sun. I captured the image using a Celestron 8" SCT telescope and the actual image is stacked from video frames, then processed in PS. This process works better that still images because atmospheric distortion is better nullified by averaging video frames. Anyway.. The Big Red Spot is visible at the right side of the lower dark band.

Nice job!

Nice job!
Thanks!
Thank you!

Most reactions

Back