Just a few from 2012

OP
Kerbouchard

Kerbouchard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are a lot better than your 2011. The ring shots are good.
Thanks.
I do think you tend to shoot everthing too tight. The most people you involve in one shot is 3 (last one). The rest are either 2 or 1. Wedding photography should be more about story telling.

Well, last time around, you asked for more meat, so that's what I was trying to post this time.

As far as more people in the photos, I guess that isn't really what I was going for. I was more going with minimize distractions and concentrate on the subject. I think that is more my style and more of what I tend to lean towards. I guess I just prefer details and isolated subjects.

I'll try to post some pull back/story telling stuff tomorrow.

FWIW, I took a look at your 2012 thread, and personally, I think many of the shots contained too much dead space...aka too wide. I guess different strokes for different folks. :wink: Either way, different styles give the clients something to choose from. You and I are definitely on different ends of the spectrum.

In any case, I appreciate the feedback.

Last edited:

Robin_Usagani

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Kerb.. You really need to work on your people skill. Seriously if someone criticized my set, i just listen or ignore. Their oppinion! No need to defend your self all the time. You pm me twice to look at your photos so I did. Why am I wasting my time giving you my opinion when all you do always shut it down? If you want to cc my 2012, then cc it there. While I do think my 2012 isnt anything amazing, your set isnt so hot either. Sorry dude.

OP
Kerbouchard

Kerbouchard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Kerb.. You really need to work on your people skill. Seriously if someone criticized my set, i just listen or ignore. Their oppinion! No need to defend your self all the time. You pm me twice to look at your photos so I did. Why am I wasting my time giving you my opinion when all you do always shut it down? If you want to cc my 2012, then cc it there. While I do think my 2012 isnt anything amazing, your set isnt so hot either. Sorry dude.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ballistics

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Kerb.. You really need to work on your people skill.

Haha, awesome.

$Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

OP
Kerbouchard

Kerbouchard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Any other feedback? You know, on the actual photos?

sashbar

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
No 4 really stands out. I love the dynamics and light. She is floating.. That spot of light behind her back just lifts this photo to another level :) Probably more dynamis contrast would improve it a bit further.
No 6 is great: it has "baby" written all over their faces :) It's like "I want it, I do.." "Really? No, really?? " great photo.
No 11 should be straightend IMHO, otherwice it loooks like this ship is already tilting :) But at least one can clearly see who is the boss here. I wonder if that was the idea :))
I am not enthusiastic about No 3 - she is just copying pics she saw in a celebrity mag. But she will love it and that's the point :) And probably she will think: "I need to get down to size 10 at least". :)
I like No 2 - it has some theatre drama
No 13 - i do not get it. The only magic it has is that five toes go in and only two go out. It looks a bit bizzre to me.
Cake shot is great (not the white one :). ) It just says - wedding or not, just look at me , I am a great picture

And btw I like tight wedding shots ( as long as they are balanced with a mandatory crowd) There is always a danger to end up with really bad ones, but the best tight ( shall I say intimate ?) shots go well beyond the formality of the event and these are the shots the couple will get back to again and again. Just ask theem - what shots are they most likely to put on the wall?

Excellent photos overall.
This is all my layman/amateur opinion.

Last edited:

Most reactions

ClickASnap