Just a fork...Take II

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like to take ordinary objects and see what kind of shots I can get...I took some pictures of a fork a while ago and I thought I'd try again. Here's what I came up with... These were taken with my Lensbaby Composer pro and Sweet 35 optic.

9372523375_f8f82d54ef_z.jpg

9372525099_04fa3543e1_z.jpg

Interesting; there's something I can't quite put my finger on. I'm not sure if the composition is too tight, too loose, or????

It's just a fork, somewhat out of focus. IMO boring as hell. At least put this fork into a piece of meat with some blood?

Interesting; there's something I can't quite put my finger on. I'm not sure if the composition is too tight, too loose, or????

Maybe it's the out of focus of the end of the tines in the first image and the large expanse of table in the lower portion of the second image. The table distracts from the water and fork, IMHO. Still imaginable, thanks for sharing.

It's just a fork, somewhat out of focus. IMO boring as hell. At least put this fork into a piece of meat with some blood?

Disagree, I find the water sufficient for the image. That is what makes it an image (i.e. art) and not a photograph, IMHO. Do agree on the focus.

It was taken with a Lensbaby, therefore, it's supposed to be blurred around the edges.. It's more of an exercise to practice my photography skills. I like it..

It was taken with a Lensbaby, therefore, it's supposed to be blurred around the edges.. It's more of an exercise to practice my photography skills. I like it..

The fork needs to be in focus. It's an ok shot, but could be better.

YMMV

Too much unnecessary glare on the table. The tones are nice!

I like the first one quite a bit. Agree that it could use a slightly looser frame, the water feels cramped in there. Nice interplay of various reflective surfaces.

The second one feels top-heavy and off-balance, in addition to being cramped.

Cramped and top-heavy are fine, if there's some purpose. I can't feel any good reason for them, though. These feel like you're striving for a balanced semi-abstract still life, and missing, not trying to create some cramped and off-kilter message piece.

Most reactions

Back