Just a friend

JamesRPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was playing around with some more dramatic portrait lighting over the winter and invited a friend of mine from college to be a test subject instead of my usual manequin, it was a rather impromptu shoot. Not really much to say about it other than that, hopefully it can be enjoyed for what it is.

homepage9.jpg

The portrait crop:

resized.jpg

Last edited:
Well just a friend is a good title because she definitely does not seem interested in modeling for you. Too bad. Your lighting was good. I like the effect but its pretty wasted here.

Don't know what DiskoJoe is on about, I think the pose is great! The lighting is fantastic and she's hot. The perfect combination. Nice!

Edit: The portrait version doesn't do the lighting justice. The landscape version is awesome.

Thanks, believe it or not this actually shows her personality pretty well haha

Don't know what DiskoJoe is on about, I think the pose is great! The lighting is fantastic and she's hot. The perfect combination. Nice!

Edit: The portrait version doesn't do the lighting justice. The landscape version is awesome.

Women dont give me this look when I point my camera at them. I bet this doesnt happen to James on the regular either.

Women dont give me this look when I point my camera at them. I bet this doesnt happen to James on the regular either.

Sadly I do get some rather sarcastic looks.

MG_9907.jpg

do you think you could post your a diagram/image of your lighting setup?

I like the look and pose. You have lovely friends!

do you think you could post your a diagram/image of your lighting setup?

Ask and you will receive. Reconstructed as well as I could from memory given that the photo was taken a few months ago. Power settings may be a bit off but the point is that the two strip boxes have roughly twice as much light as the large octa.

LightingSetup.png

Sadly I do get some rather sarcastic looks.

MG_9907.jpg

Indeed you do! I would say to work on that. You want them to feel comfortable and relaxed. Pictures come out better that way.

That's a joke...

We were playing a word game because she was a newer model and was running out of poses so I told her to do whatever she feels fits with the word "play-doh" because I ran out of words and pulled that out of nowhere..that's the "wtf does playdoh look like as a pose" face.

I like to have fun with my shoots.

That's a joke...

We were playing a word game because she was a newer model and was running out of poses so I told her to do whatever she feels fits with the word "play-doh" because I ran out of words and pulled that out of nowhere..that's the "wtf does playdoh look like as a pose" face.

I like to have fun with my shoots.

lmao. play-doh.

And what this about "her" running out of poses, director?

Most real professional models I've worked with are given a concept then cycle through poses themselves, she was a new model and wanted to work on this.

Most reactions

Back