ksven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_1892.jpg

I'm not going to say it's boring, but let me tell you why...
*I've seen it before
*If you're going to do half of the face, make it symmetrical at least. You have one eye, the nose and the mouth.
*Falls flat...nothing interesting really..

Aside from this, I'd have to say the tonalities are quite lovely as are the details in her hair.

However, at the end of the day, it is what it is. Just a portrait, there are billions of portraits out there and you have to think out of the box sometimes (if not always! -_-). Don't take photos with the mentality of 'just a portrait', you never want anything to be 'just' something. Go out and take photos and make them yours, something interesting, a new twist and something we haven't seen before.

peace

Thank You :]
I wasnt going for a half face shot though, I wanted most of that pretty face in there

I find it kind of boring to be honest.
There is no singular point that really stands out, so it kind of combines to create a generic portrait shot with a tree in the frame.

I love the crispness and the tonalities; what were the settings you used? I'm not a fan of the asymmetry of the girl's face, though. Also, the expression on her face is a little blank; I don't feel a connection with her. That's probably just me being nitpicky though.

The eyes are the window to the soul and the most important. If you could get some light in there, either with a reflector or with PS and tone down the hot spots on the chin and nose you'd have something great. It's a good start, keep going!!!

wow! i actually love it. i think the composition is perfect. the fact that the tree covers half her face almost carries the theme of the hood over her head and the fact that her hair covers her eye.

I understand some of the complaints, but i think if your goal was to make your subject look as attractive as possible (which I believe is what a portrait is) I'd say you did it

I am only a Beginner and very new at photography, I have always loved taking photos but now wish to get serious about it. I just want to say that I like your photo. :)

It's forced, you're shooting for what you think will look good -
Set it up then let go of the shoot and experience the situation -

You're doing good things, now get out of the way.

I like it, not perfect, but it talks to me.

Thanks everyone :] I had to print out an 8x10 so i cropped it, and didnt save the original. Which im wishing I had so more of her body were in it. Thanks again :]

Most reactions

Back