Just a snapshot with some heavy editing for CC.....

I assume the golden look is what he was going for. I think it would work better if her fingers werent OOF and covering her face.

I addressed the white balance in post. Is it not to your artistic liking?

It is definitely gold, but I like it that way. It goes with the glasses and sort of a "rock star" feel. The fingers, as mentioned, are the biggest problem I see. Unless of course you weren't going for that golden tone, in that case you really screwed up bad, lol.

I normally like plot contrast, but...
This is a kid picture that isn't cute. It's a glamour shot that isn't sexy. I find it... troubling & conflicted.
Technically, the background on the right side is blown out, while the rest is viewable. Color is "wrong" but works artistically.

I can appreciate the effort that went into this image, but I don't like it.

I normally like plot contrast, but...
This is a kid picture that isn't cute. It's a glamour shot that isn't sexy. I find it... troubling & conflicted.
Technically, the background on the right side is blown out, while the rest is viewable. Color is "wrong" but works artistically.

I can appreciate the effort that went into this image, but I don't like it.

I really doubt sexy was the intention. I think it is cute, a baby living the carefree rockstar lifestyle.

Cute! I like the feel of it (the colouring works for me). I know when you're playing around with your kids, you don't necessarily want the prettiest picture, but next time snatch that binky out before you snap! Pic would be 10x better!

Cute! I like the feel of it (the colouring works for me). I know when you're playing around with your kids, you don't necessarily want the prettiest picture, but next time snatch that binky out before you snap! Pic would be 10x better!

I thought the binky added some fun to the photo....

DSC_8439ww by Matt Francosky, on Flickr

p!nK

I don't mind the binky, its a fact of life with a lot of babes :D It kinda adds to the image :D That one is better, do the processing on that one and post :)

Watermark is distracting, but it adds a professional appearance indeed.

I like the warm treatment in the first one, but I think the out of focus fingers in front of the face
detract from the result. I also like the second one with the natural colour, and I reckon the juxtaposition
of the dummy and the sunglasses works well here. It is a very cute shot.

There are many things I disliked about this photo, hair in front of the glasses, blown right side, etc... But, no hand in front of the face so I whipped up a similar edit for comparison...

DSC_8438ww by Matt Francosky, on Flickr

and, just to show equal time as a parent, I over edited one of my oldest daughter....

DSC_8450ww by Matt Francosky, on Flickr

p!nK

Most reactions

Back