Just another headstone and a bench :P

ShaCow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shacow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I took this a while back, and finally found 2 minutes to have a play with it... It will be posted on my site in a few hours too :)

Let me know what you think, C&C would be greatful!

Attachments

• $grave-bench.jpg
    $grave-bench.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 109
I think you've done a wonderful job on this one. just a thought that a subject sitting at the corner of the bench would have made it a *super hit*. have you processed the color in photoshop ? do let me know ! the overall output is a little underexposed to my eyes, but that's not an issue at all. keep it up ! :)

thanks, yes ive done some work on the colours in ps.. I used duotones :) ... I worked on the image on my laptop so that may explain the darkness :) and yes, looking at it now, if someone was sitting on the bench it would have looked a little more *emotional*..

thanks for your comment :)

I love it. I need to learn how utilise the lack of colour like you have here.

Without hijacking your thread, here is my only tombstone shot. What tips would you give to make it sombre like yours in regards to BW? The way you did it really fits the scene

DSC_0139.jpg

heres my attempt at your photo just to give you a little guide of my how to :p
*forgive me for im not perfect*

Ok, so what I did first of all with your image was to go to image >> mode >> grayscale. I then went to image >> mode duotone .. and there I chose quadtone.. I used 3 blacks and a slight yellow for the sepia...

then I tweaked levels, and used a s curve in the curves dialog.

I then added a slight touch of contrast to it.

it varies from image to image, but I hope that you can try it out on lots of your images :D

Attachments

• $DSC_0139.jpg
    $DSC_0139.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 55
Well I took this a while back, and finally found 2 minutes to have a play with it... It will be posted on my site in a few hours too :)

Let me know what you think, C&C would be greatful!

I love this technique do you use photoshop? I use Corel XII

great job :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back