Just bought a 50mm 1.8

R6_Dude

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just picked up the nifty fifty. I love it so far the 1.8 is great.

Snap some pics of my dogs, no PP on these, just wanted to share. I would have posted more but my flickr said that I am over the monthly amount :x

4320952605_a0d439800c_b.jpg

4321700488_8610cb9f1e_b.jpg

4321716564_6e3648f5f7_b.jpg

4321693310_774e525cf8_b.jpg

Thanks! As always, if you have any CC's please feel free.

Cool pics! What kinda camera do you have? I was thinking about getting this lens too, but i decided to save up some cash and buy the 50mm 1.4.

I have both 1.8 and 1.4 50mm and love them both, however once I got the 1.4 the 1.8 got shelved mostly because it seeks for focus far to much, the USM copy is spot on. I have beat up and used the hell out of my 1.8, only wish that the focus ring was easier to grip! LOL have fun with her and shoot her in MF wide open and pic your focus points, you can do some real creative stuff with her. What body you shooting with cropped or FF?

I'm shooting with a cropped (T1i). I was thinking of getting the 1.4 as well, but I couldn't wait and just picked this one up locally at Samy's camera haha.

And now for some pics of your R6 with this lens! :D

^^^I sold the R6 a while ago and got an RR (sold that recently). But as you know, once a yammie fan always a yammie fan, which is why I haven't changed my tag haha.

Yeah, i was about to say, "Time for someone to change their forum name tag!" :lol:

Yeah, i was about to say, "Time for someone to change their forum name tag!" :lol:

hahaha I'll be back with another R6...only this time it'll be a full track weapon :mrgreen:

A fast 50mm prime is tons of fun, and those are some good dog shots, especially the last one! It's a great lens for a lot of different things, and it looks like you are off to a good start.

I'm not sure focusing on the nose on the second one was the best idea, but I like them. Very nice. Number 3 could also be cropped closer.
Yeah, I was able to get him squared in the middle of the frame and I just took the pic. Thanks for the CC.

Are those your dogs?
Yup. The Lab is 2 and my Bullie is 6

A fast 50mm prime is tons of fun, and those are some good dog shots, especially the last one! It's a great lens for a lot of different things, and it looks like you are off to a good start.

It sure is fun, surprises me sometimes how fast it shoots. I have better shots but flickr wouldn't let me upload them haha. Any other photo hosting sites that do no limit you?

Flickr is unlimited if you have a 'pro' account, and that by itself is pretty nice. If you like flickr, I recommend it because it removes the hassle of a normal account.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back