just bought a camera- impulse buy

myopia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
so i won an auction for a Mamiya 645 package w/ 80mm f/2.8 lens tonite for 200 scrillas.

MVC22852.JPG

MVC22857.JPG

MVC22847.JPG

a good deal?

myopia said:
a good deal?

Si.

A package like that will still go over here for 200-300. And that's £ not $.

So yes, definitely a good deal. And a good choice too!

I recently bought a similar package with an 80 2.8, and 80 f/4 macro, plus carrying case for $250. I'd say you got a good deal. It looks to be in great condition. It's also a great camera that I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Digital Matt said:
I recently bought a similar package with an 80 2.8, and 80 f/4 macro, plus carrying case for $250.

What? You have a film camera? Now you're Analog Matt?

fmw said:
What? You have a film camera? Now you're Analog Matt?
He sure is. He's been in the darkroom, too, and develops his own stuff. He just likes to keep us all guessing. :lol:

The above camera does look like a 1000S. I have one, too - fabulous camera, can't beat it for ruggedness and simplicity of use. :thumbup: Definitely a good deal. It takes great pictures; you'll love using it!

Just pulling your leg, Matt. Obviously you've been around photography longer than digital cameras have.

I really enjoyed shooting with that Cambo view camera. It oozed quality and precision. The images were amazing. I sometimes go through the 4X5 chromes just to marvel at how nice they are. Ah well. The camera in my avatar is long gone, I'm afraid. I only have 3 film cameras left.

The Cambo is great for sure. I have a Graflex 4x5 field camera, and also an 8x10" field camera, which has no name. I don't even have a tripod capable of holding it :p Someday when I get room to setup a darkroom, I'll shoot some paper negs, but until then, digital makes the most sense for what I'm doing.

Myopia, post some shots from your new cam eh? :)

The Mamiya is nice, but it's not a fun walk around camera. It gets a bit heavy after a while :p

My DSLR bag has a body with battery grip, 4 or 5 lenses, flash gun and the usual other stuff. My Mamiya 645 bag has a body without battery grip, 3 lenses and a flash gun. Guess which one weighs less and which one is in the smaller bag?

The answer is the Mamiya by almost 5 lbs. I can even throw in my 210mm Sekor and it still weighs less than the DSLR bag. However, I don't have a 1000S, I have the plastic-bodied 645E and it really doesn't weigh very much.

Most reactions

Back