Just bought a Nikon 70-200 2.8

My 70-200 f/2.8 VR1 never leaves my D7000. Love it!

manaheim said:
Just out of curiosity, are we talking the VR or the VR2?

I don't know what the F4 will be like, but it's quite a bit newer than the VR and while you do lose some stops, it's -possible- that it may be an overall better lens. The VR had some issues. The VR2 is an absolutely brilliant lens and pretty much nothing is going to beat it for a long time.

It is the VR which is why I asked since the VR2 is out which would make it a little older. I was curious if the f4 version would be better and it also has the nano crystal coating which the VR 2.8 doesn't

It is a fine lens, especially on DX...it was DESIGNED to be optimal over the smaller, 29mm diameter APS-C sized image circle!!!

the 2.8 VR is a fantastic lens, you won't regret it. especially in sports and stuff like you mentioned you like to shoot. the new VR system in the F4 lens is likely REALLY nice...but a better VR is not a replacement for lens speed IMO.

I have a question. What are the two buttons on the side of the lens for? The ones down at the bottom by the front glass

poke said:
I have a question. What are the two buttons on the side of the lens for? The ones down at the bottom by the front glass

Did you even read the manual? Those are put with the lens for a reason.

Patriot said:

There's a good chance he bought used and didn't get a manual. Geez, sometimes you guys need to lighten up.

Patriot said:

There's a good chance he bought used and didn't get a manual. Geez, sometimes you guys need to lighten up.

It wasn't an attack on the guy. It's best to start at the lowest level first and conduct the research yourself before asking simple questions like that. http://www.nikonusa.com/pdf/manuals/lenses/AF/AFS70-200_2.8GEDVRII.pdf. That is the manual just in case you didn't get one.

Once you discover 2.8 indoors low light, or for depth of field, you will THANK yourself for not cutting yourself short with the f/4
bigthumb.gif

fjrabon said:

I didn't get the manual actually so I figured it would just be easier to ask someone here.

Patriot said:
It wasn't an attack on the guy. It's best to start at the lowest level first and conduct the research yourself before asking simple questions like that. http://www.nikonusa.com/pdf/manuals/lenses/AF/AFS70-200_2.8GEDVRII.pdf. That is the manual just in case you didn't get one.

It's all good. Thanks for the link.

2WheelPhoto said:
Once you discover 2.8 indoors low light, or for depth of field, you will THANK yourself for not cutting yourself short with the f/4

I already have the 24-70 2.8 which is kind of why I wanted another 2.8 lens. Looks like I'll be keeping this one.

I used to have that lens and the D7000 and they work together great! You will enjoy the images you make with that lens!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back