Just did my first paying maternity session!! CC Please!

LindseyTorres

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Everyone,

Here is my first paying maternity session. Let me know what you think, please! Thanks!:D

Leslie_1870_edited-3.jpg

Leslie_1815bw_edited-2.jpg

Leslie_1809_edited-1.jpg

Leslie_1919_edited-2.jpg

Leslie_1842_edited-2.jpg

Leslie_1906_edited-3.jpg

Leslie_1908_edited-2.jpg

I hope that's not too many photos. Thanks for looking.
Also, just put up my website at www.sweetpeaphotodesign.com

Lindsey

I dont know why people didnt comment on this - I think it's great! for a first one, seems like you did your pose and lo-cal research!

These are so lovely and natural. I really like these.

I agree, very nice work...especially for your first gig.

A few things I noticed for critique.
First, a few of the images have a 'line' in the background. It looks like the edge of a shadow...and in those shots, you have the line going right through her head. Now, while you can often use lines and 'leading lines' to draw the viewer's attention to your subject, you usually want to avoid having something like that going right through the subject's head/face. It certainly helps that you're using a shallow DOF, so the line isn't sharp...but it's still there. Remember that a photo is a 2D representation of a 3D scene...so what we see in real life, isn't how someone viewing the image will see it.

Also, I don't think that #6 is necessary. It's not bad, and it's a nice effect to show the shallow DOF...but I don't see that she needs a shot of sharp weeds/grass while she is out of focus.

Thanks for the compliments. Mike, thanks for the feedback. I can't find the line you are talking about. What photos is it in? Yea, I wasn't sure about the weeds in focus, her out of focus shot. It was actually an accident that I kept for something different.

I kinda dig #6. You have a good variety, so I think this photo is pretty cool. It's something different and unexpected. It just helps with the storyline, IMO.

Nice work. I'd only say to watch the edge of your frame. Some knees and elbows are cut off or could use some more room.

I can't find the line you are talking about. What photos is it in?
I believe Big Mike is referring to the horizon going through her head.

Yes, sorry. At first I thought it was a shadow, but it's the horizon that is bisecting her head....usually a no-no.

Okay, i see. I didn't know that about the horizon. I'll keep that in mind next time. I agree about leaving more room in the frame for the elbows and knees. I think I need a wider angle lens because it's hard to get the shot i want, with my lens, and keep all the body parts in the image. Or maybe I need a taller step stool. Thanks for the advice!

No pro here, yet, just want to say these are gorgeous!!! What an inspiration. ;)

I think those are great for your first paying maternity session! I actually like #6 as well. Something about it being out of focus is intriguing to me. Very nice work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back