Just for fun... HDR beach house shot

dewey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm still working on learning HDR images... I have worked with them in Photoshop CS2 quite a bit but this was my first attempt with using Photomatrix. Anyone else use Photomatrix? Just curious... quite different from good ole Photoshop. Color was a bit off on the sand, but it looked funny when I corrected it, so I'll leave it alone and call this art. (that's what HDR is anyway right?)

Anyway... this was shot at sunset with a D50 and a 50mm 1.8... 3 exposures all F4 ranging from 3 seconds to 15.

nightest.jpg

art it is...but it is more LDR than HDR...either way very nice shot

Low dynamic range...your picture looks great but the tonal range is not that broad

Keep messing with the tone mapping. There's a nice shot in there somewhere.

LOL... I guess I could call it CDR for crappy dynamic range. :mrgreen:

I think you made that LDR thing up, but I'll go with it. ;) It's 2.5 stops over, right on target and 2 stops under... I'll keep experimenting with it.

not at all...it has a miami vice quality to it....pastels....i think it's a keeper

I kind of like it... although i would play with the tone mapping alot more... the balance isn't right... i also dont care much for halo's... and there is quite a few going on here....good effort tho.

This location has a lot of potentials. I like the sky and the sand and the composition as well. However 2 things bother me, the halo around the palm trees and buildings and the tilt of the buildings.

Don't like the sort of haze around the palm trees but other than that looks great! :D

SleepingWolf said:
not at all...it has a miami vice quality to it....pastels....i think it's a keeper

don't ask me how or why, but I was listening to Jan Hammers' Miami Vice Theme the moment I opened this thread...really! And guess what? It HAS a Miami Vice feeling to it! :D (but the halo is not that great, I agree)

pascal

Most reactions

New Topics

Back