Just getting started!

MIW1971

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I'm new to TPF and also new to photography, well at least seriouly any way. I have have always loved taking pictures of my family, but have never ventured off of the automode on any camera that I have owned. I currently own a Canon T1i with 2 kit lens 18-55mm and 55-250mm. I just recently ordered a canon 50mm 1.8 and it should be here next week. I have a few freinds that have been shooting photography for awhile and make some $$ at it, so I get pointers from them once in while (reason for ordering 50mm). I am also taking a begginer photography class at a local community college. It's basically for getting you familiar with the operation of the camera and the lingo. It's help a little bit, but so has you tube and TPF! I really look forward to learning a lot from this forum. I am also not sure if I can just upload pictures yet to get advice. Or do I have to wait for apporval?

Nope, no pending approval...... Just post up some of your shots to show us what you got!

Welcome to the forum!!

Upload your photos to flickr or photobucket. Let us know if you need help!

Be sure to directly post the images, people on the forums typically do not open links for security reasons.

Welcome to TPF! You've got a great setup going, I have a T3i and just picked up a 55-250 and 50 f/1.8 as well.

Do the images have to be a certain size? Because I'm having a little trouble uploading the pictures.

Where are you uploading the pictures to?

Just uploading in the relpy to thread box. The icon that says "image".

Have you uploaded your pictures to a site like flickr?

Yah, I been looking at that, but I've been so focused on getting the lighting and exposure down. Those three little settings (Shutter speed, ISO, Aperture) are so difficult for me to get right!

Thanks for the help!!!

I like this one. My eyes immediately go to the subject's eyes which are sharp. Try opening up you apature a bit to make all of the background out of focus. Get out that manual and experiment. You will be amazed at how easily you can drastically change your images for the better.

And keep shootin'

Thanks so much! I will try the ajustments. I have been shooting all day!! Just playing with the lighting, apature, etc... I think I like shooting outside durnig the day better. Inside lighting is tricky!

Thanks again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back