Just getting Started

irishmack93

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, My name is Anne Mackey, and I am a college student at the State University of New York at Cobleskill, where I am studying landscaping.

Several members of my family have been interested in photography and have dabbled with it over the years, but none of us have ever pursued it as an actual passion. I began to become interested in photography when I was 12, probably as a way to cope with my parents divorce. I have always only used junky point and shoots, although this summer I got the opportunity to use a Nikon D60 for a few days to do my brothers wedding.

I am currently hoping to save up enough money over the winter to buy a Canon Rebel T3i, and would really liek to start doing portrait work as well as wedding photography, I also really enjoy doing wildlife and nature shots. I think my weakness is definitely landscape shots, I can never seem to get it to balance right.

I am looking forward to exploring this community and learning from all of the other photographers on here, so this is my little introduction and I hope to get a chance to talk to some of you.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site.

Welcome aboard.
(whispers: it's "Canon." A cannon is a big gun or a bath towel! :wink: )

Welcome to TPF. I hope once you make it through basic training, that you stick around.

Derrel said:
Welcome to TPF. I hope once you make it through basic training, that you stick around.

Like the man says..

now DROP AND GIVE ME f/64 YOU WORTHLESS MAGGOT!

Welcome to Camp TPF :sexywink:

BTW, the T4i is out and is a significant upgrade. You'll learn from many here that you'll need a lot more for weddings. Search for and read some of the "wedding" posts, for this can be a touchy subject.

Derrel said:

Like the man says..

now DROP AND GIVE ME f/64 YOU WORTHLESS MAGGOT!

Welcome to Camp TPF :sexywink:

Master Sergeant Tevo--you made quite a funny!!!

Hello and welcome to the forum Anne!

I would spell the name of the camera wrong...-_- I've spelled it that way for as long as I can remember, *slaps hand*

I'm sure I'll stick around a while...at least till school starts, at which point I will disappear under my courseload for a few months.

thanks for the welcome guys...looking forward to everything I can learn on here.

Most reactions

Back