Just got a D300:)

waynegz1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wphotographysat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just recently sold my Nikkor 18-200mm VR I and then bought a D300 with very few actuations on it. So far I absolutely love it. Share some tips/tricks that you guys know of on the D300. I made the move from a D60 so any info you guys have is appreciated. I have been reading the manual just to learn more of the controls etc.

The only lens I have now is a 50mm 1.8D, I am looking for another lens. Either a 24-70 2.8 or a 85mm 1.8. Anyone already have this combo? Opinions por favor.

wedding/portrait shooting

Last edited:
The Hebrew Trinity is what I am hoping to get. like you said, that is an expensive bill, but I think I will start off with the 24-70 2.8. If I can find one used, I'll take it.

The 24-70 is a great lens, but the focal range is very restricting on the D300. It's meant for full frame, not cropped sensors.

The 16-35mm is a good alternative since it's equivalent to the 24-70 on a full frame sensor.

I think I will just go 24-70 bc eventually (sometime) I hope on going FF. But for some reason I want a fisheye lens. Maybe the 10.5mm

Someone talk me out of it please. lol

I never found the 24-70mm restricting on my D300. It's a great lens, but it does shine on the D700. :)

I would get the essential lenses before the fisheye. It's a specialty lens and from what I've read it becomes boring after a while. Probably a good candidate as a rental to scratch the itch.

Most reactions

Back