Just got a Mamiya RB67

So where are the pictures from your new Mamiya??:lmao:

...man, what a beast it is! it can do triple duty: camera, boat anchor, and self-defense weapon.

Don't forget Tourist Stopper. Anything that doesn't look like an SLR tends to confuse people into thinking that it is video camera. Just watch as people stop and wait for your permission to duck past in front of it.

I just gave and bought an RB67 off a guy last night. Should be here tomorrow or Saturday. I was sick of all the muscle atrophy that was happening to me while I was out carrying around a puny little Yashica Mat 124G. Time to remedy that problem. :D

Fun.

I just gave and bought an RB67 off a guy last night. Should be here tomorrow or Saturday. I was sick of all the muscle atrophy that was happening to me while I was out carrying around a puny little Yashica Mat 124G. Time to remedy that problem. :D

Fun.
FUN! Be sure to post some shots from it! :thumbup:

I've been shooting some color film in mine lately, in prep to try my hand at some home color developing.

Oh yeah, and I'm already at least 3 times stronger now than when I got it! LOL!

I've been reading a copy of the manual tonight. Since I mainly will be using it in mirror lock-up mode with the T setting, I feel like this is going to be like driving a train with all the different controls which will have to be pressed.

Cock the Shutter with one lever. Lock up the mirror with one cable release. Open the shutter with another cable release. Close the shutter with the cocking shutter. Fun! Yet, still probably still less complex then my Speed Graphic.

The RB67 arrived this afternoon and I just took it for a spin with some night shooting. I think I've used muscles I never have used before. I can feel my forearms are pulsing.

Hey be sure to advance the film between shots. Cock the shutter, advance film, mirror up with cable 1, release shutter with cable 2.

I'd hate to see you take 10 shots on one frame.

OH and don't forget you have a rotating back on that beast. Keep an eye on which way it;s set or you may be cutting you shots off at the borders.

You'll enjoy that camera... ALOT!

I'm liking the performance so far. Compared to doing the same type of shooting with the Yashica Mat 124G, the shear weight of the RB67 just seems to apply enough force on my tripod that everything feels much more stable. I can't wait to start seeing some of the images from this system on paper.

thebag.jpg

Very nice! More details? Film? Lens? Shutter? Aperture? What are you metering with?

I love the juicy details! :)

Film: Acros 100 in HC-110
Lens: 90mm f/3.8 Non-C
Exposure. 3.8-5.6 I think. I forget the shutter speed. I've been confident with my night photography technique for years now, so I don't record my exposure info any more. I think it was pretty quick, like eight seconds or so.
Meter: Pentax Digital Spotmeter. (Holy Hell! These things are going for a lot more then I paid for mine on eBay right now) Placed the snow in front of the bag at Zone 8 and let the rest fall where it wanted to.

Seriously. The RB67 may be the best equipment purchase I've ever made. We are getting along quite nicely.

Most reactions

Back