Just got back from India...

As requested, a few more shots... these ones are unedited, far from technically well done, and not worthy of this forum, but fun to look at none-the-less.

monkeys2.jpg

monkeys.jpg

The people in the foreground on this one were left in on purpose... my close friend Tsewang and his girlfriend...
Taj_2.jpg

Taj_1.jpg

This is a shot of one wall leading up to the main entrance. Pretty much all the walls and surfaces are this detailed.
Taj_3.jpg

gayagirl4.jpg

2 and 4 were great, as well as the monkey; but I have to say I think you saved the best for last with those new posts I really enjot photographing architecture and I think you got some good ones.

F Y I :

The third picture down, (Bike/people/veggie stand) was NOT taken by me... it was taken by my friend Tsewang.

I meant to mention that when I posted it, but forgot. Had to post it though, as I really liked it. He took some other fantastic portraits and abstracts that I might post later.

And here's one more, of the textured surface of an ancient tower in Delhi:

tower_texture.jpg

very cool , keep those pictures coming. glad you had fun in india. any problems with charging batteries? also did you have to post a bond on your photographic equipment?

Actually, I have two batteries for my D70, so despite taking over 500 pictures (and reviewing and deleting lots more) I never had to charge the batteries, and still had lots of juice left at the end.

Having said that, I woudln't have been a problem anyway. India's power is 220v, but the D70's (like most) charger is rated from 100-230v, so you don't need a voltage adapter (which is pricey).

My friend picked up a powerbar/socket converter combo, (plugs into India type socket, but bar is North American type) for about $10CND in Delhi... but I never had to use it.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by 'post bond' on my gear. The only thing that was recommended to me was to register the camera at Canadian customs to have it recorded as being bought in Canada... to avoid the incoming guys thinking I bought it in India. I didn't bother with it, and they didn't even ask on the way back in.

You have some gorgeous pictures there and your appreciation of the beauty and of the people is apparent.

If you aren't already, make certain you only edit copies of the pictures because as your skill with photoshop increases, some these you are going to want to reedit later as they could be easily enhanced even more.

drdan: Good advice that I intend to follow. I have been copying all pictures that I want to edit to another drive completely before editting... not to mention having burned them all to DVD the day I got back ;)

Okay, one more (set!) and I'll let this thread die I promise :D

DSC_0169_2.jpg

lol... noticed the Indian guy 'checkin' out' the ladies :thumbup: Some things are universal...

DSC_0324_2.jpg

DSC_0302_2.jpg

DSC_0325_2.jpg

DSC_0492_2.jpg

Awesome photos! Proof that subject matter is by far the most important thing in photography :)

Also interesting to find out The bodhi tree is supposed to be in Goa... I always thought Goa was just a place for british junkies and hippies and all night trance parties :)

edited: Oops, you didn't say Goa, you said Gaya. Oh well. It would have been cool if buddha reached enlightenment at Goa.

Nice to see lovely pictures from my own country :)
The few pics you have shared nicely tells story about its cultural diversity

I like the Buddhist kid picture. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back