Just got called by someone for some kind of marketing

Phone caller: "Hello, how are you today. I'd like to tell you about a wonderful opportunity . . ."
Me (in a low, rushed voice): "I have a problem. I have a problem. A problem, A problem. They're coming. They're coming. They're coming. They're coming. They want me for the ship. The space ship. The ship."
Phone caller: <click>

snowbear said:
Phone caller: "Hello, how are you today. I'd like to tell you about a wonderful opportunity . . ."
Me (in a low, rushed voice): "I have a problem. I have a problem. A problem, A problem. They're coming. They're coming. They're coming. They're coming. They want me for the ship. The space ship. The ship."
Phone caller: <click>

See, now THAT'S the spirit! Have a little FUN with them!!

Many call center phone routing systems wait for a voice to route the call to a person.

Many times I just don't say anything and wait .. usually ending up in nothing land and a hangup. Sometimes I get someone on the other end start talking.

What I should do is record a fax machine trying to connect, and playback on my digital recorder for these calls. But that would take too much effort.

Het is een scam

Ha, your Dutch is not bad at all, let me guess, Google Translate? :icon_thumbsup: :smile-new:
In Dutch 'a scam' is translated as "oplichterij" and so we say: Het is oplichting
And if you ask me, it absolutely is!
Of course it was Google Translate. It's been 55 years since I lived in Germany. Visited Holland as it was called it back then many times, as well as most of the other countries in free Europe at the time. Used to speak fluent German. Now I can understand some convesations but can not converse in it at all.

I learned long ago people in other countries in Europe, except for the French but they are another story, appreciate an english speaker at least trying to converse in their native tounge instead of expecting everyone else to undersand english, or in my case american. :allteeth:
windmill_flag1.gif

I will bring some Amstel Gold. We can stop by the Alkmaar Cheese Market and go on to the Efteling. It was only a few years old when we were there last. I am sure it has grown and changed alot.

387f280728a34627953f62e5ff5786dd.jpg

smileys-drinking-beer.gif

Just got a spam call .... your business may get a $300,000 loan yadda yadda yadda. < hang up >

why do they even bother ?
*and* they called my cell phone.

Just got a spam call .... your business may get a $300,000 loan yadda yadda yadda. < hang up >

Well you sound like a reaonable person looking for a bargin. I have a 24-foot long, 8,000-lb. bronze arm and fist at the intersection of Jefferson and Woodward avenues in Detroit that is for sale. If you are interested please deposit $5,000.00 in a swiss bank account that I will send you the number for. Upon receipt of the money I will send you a bill of sale and a certificate of ownership. I would take the check myself but I am in Nigeria and must hide my money from the corrupt government as I am a political prisoner. :biglaugh:

Well you sound like a reaonable person looking for a bargin. I have a 24-foot long, 8,000-lb. bronze arm and fist at the intersection of Jefferson and Woodward avenues in Detroit that is for sale. If you are interested please deposit $5,000.00 in a swiss bank account that I will send you the number for. Upon receipt of the money I will send you a bill of sale and a certificate of ownership. I would take the check myself but I am in Nigeria and must hide my money from the corrupt government as I am a political prisoner. :biglaugh:
I already own that, along with the Brooklyn Bridge. :)
Do you have anything else. Like a Cannon or something ?

I already own that, along with the Brooklyn Bridge. :)
Do you have anything else. Like a Cannon or something ?
No, what I sold you the last time was just two of the fingers. Now for the additional $5000.00 you get the rest. Of course for another $2,500.00 I will throw in the batteries for the flood lights, 2 sham-wow cleaning cloths, a roll of paper towels and two lawn chairs for viewers to sit in while looking at the statue.

I do have 38 cannons I will let you have. I have them stored at a place called Gettysburg. I will let you have them for $1,000.00 apiece. For an extra $500.00 each I will let you have the wheels, and for an additional $750.00 you can have the matching Caissons. You will have to go there to pick them up. I have a man there that will help you load them. He works nights.

There is an excellent free service in US called nomorobo.
When you sign up, you are given an 800 number.
Log into your account on your telephone service provider and set the option to ring that number simultaneously with your original number.
The number of any incoming caller is checked against list of known boiler rooms, scam callers, etc. (reported to FTC) and, if the number is on the list, the call is disconnected.
Installed last month and haven't had a spammer call since.
Just had to get used to picking up only on second ring.

upload_2015-7-22_14-6-25.png

Obviously a scam BUT you have to be careful staying on the phone with them. If they can get you to say "YES" or other positive statements they can record that and sign you up for something. They have the recording as proof.

Most reactions

Back