Just got the call

maxalmon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Local home builder called me this morning to see if I could photograph some of their new home models,....I can't believe I said this "let me check my appointment book" as I about fell out of my chair LOL...I have to be on site in about 30 minutes, I'll post images later....

Just got back, got a few usable images but the sun is a killer as they never use shades or drapes in the models, told them I would have to photograph at night and they agreed.

Congrats, Couldn't you use a diffuser or something to block the sun or at least soften it up or is it exterior pics?

The sun here is Vegas is brutal, even in the winter it's intense and these new homes are plastered with windows so it's almost impossible to not have some kinda shade/bright area in the photos.

This one came out OK, I'm still new to photo editing and just figured out how to remove the ceiling can light in the top right of this image, and I didn't do that great of a job either as I'm still learning.

kitchen.jpg

This is a good example of how the lighting is causing me problems, the reflections on the coffee table and bright area on the sofa. I just checked out all the flyers from several other home builders and everyone of them is photographed at night.
livingroom.jpg

The photos are nice, but I think you were pretty right when you said every brochure contains night photos -- and for good reason.

i guess a polarizer wont help with the refelctions

Have you thought about dialing the flash down a bit and maybe using it off camera? Imho the sunlight adds a bit of warmth to your shots.

Light can be a pain ! But sometimes in can also be very useful.

Can I suggest you use a tripod or ensure your photos are level for when they are sent off.

Let us know how the night photos come out.

Have you thought about dialing the flash down a bit and maybe using it off camera? Imho the sunlight adds a bit of warmth to your shots.
I see that you also have the SB600, how do you use the flash off camera?

I think the 600 as the Remote function where it receives a signal from the on camera flash...on the camera it is under commander mode.. or if your flash doesn't have this feature you can set it to slave mode and dial the on camera flash Down

Thanks, trying to cordinate times to have the models open at night, might take a few more days..

Most reactions

Back