Just got the Canon 550EX, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, and Canon 50mm f/1.8

stc9357

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s84.photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Haven't posted in a while but just wanted to express my excitement for my purchases. Two I bought myself to celebrate my 18th birthday the tamron and 550EX. The 50mm my godmother bought me. The two lenses will be here on wednesday and my flash has been here since last week.

I bought the flash and tamron for my job this summer with a local wedding pro who I will be working for as an assistant and second pro. This will give me some experience because I plan on hooting weddings part-time in school. Well probably two more purchases in the next year a second body and a sigma 70-200mm or canon "magic drainpipe".

Just wanted to fill everybody in.

-Logan

Nice, post up some pics with the tamron, its a lens i've been thinking about and would love to see some examples!!

Congrats, looks like you are building a great kit.

Do you miss not having a wider lens? I would feel awfully limited with 28mm as my widest F.L. on a crop body.

Big mike I think I'll be alright. My next purchase will be a 70-200mm 2.8 zoom either canon or sigma and after that probably a tokina 12-24mm lens that I've been wanting and lusting for for a while but can't justify. I want it for landscape work but since I'm getting into wedding photography it will have great purpose too.

The decision between the 17-50 and 28-75 was an extremely hard one hopefully I made the right decision it will be here tommorrow to join its other new companions that have already arrived the 550EX and 50mm.

I'll get some sample shots up this weekend Mpower so be waiting for them.

Ya, it's a personal preference. I've been caught in small rooms while shooting weddings, usually the bride prep stuff...and 35mm (on a film SLR) was not wide enough for me. Even 18mm on my digital body leaves me wishing I could back up more than the space allows. However, when shooting people, longer lenses are more flattering so you are probably on the right track.

Also, could you please trim down your signature? It's taking up more space than your actual posts...which breaks up the flow of the forum. We have a space to list your equipment, in the User CP. Thanks :D

Like you said its a matter of personal preference and shooting style. I took some shots today and think I will be just fine with this lens instead of the 17-50mm. I wish there was a 17-70mm 2.8 zoom in this range that would be perfect.

I've also been told by people that an UWA makes people seem unflattering so thats something to take into consideration.

I trimmed down the signature I hope its small enough.

Thanks for your insight. Hey Big Mike you could always donate 500$ dollars to the Wiley Foundation fund so I could purchase the 12-24 lol.

or to the Kyle fund, pentax has announced its 16-50 2.8 full sealed lens with silent AF.

I am looking forward to seeing some shots with the 28-70, sounds like a great lens. I personally will go wider simply because I feel thats what I need.

Most reactions

Back