just introducing myself...

matthewo

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, im matt, i have been taking pictures for a while with lower end film and digital cameras. but somewhat new to the dslr cameras.

i bought a d5100 kit with the 18-55mm as a starter dslr. I have been using it a lot, and reading reviews and learning as much as i can sense.

I found a good deal and picked up a few lightly used lens. a 70-300 ED VR 4.5-5.6 AF-S and a prime dx 1.8 35mm AF-S. i have been shooting a lot with both and basically never used the kit lens.

I now have the itch to get into the FX series nikons, or full frame sensor cameras. i have been looking at the d700 a lot recently, but because of rumors of the new d800 possibly coming out i put off the d700. i instead purchased a main lens i could use on the FX camera when i get it but still use on my d5100 for the interium. i purchased the nikkor 24-70mm 2.8. its a somewhat high end lens, but i figure it will be on my camera 90% of the time and will complement the 70-300mm, deffently when i get into a full frame camera. i dont mind keeping the 70-300, cause i wont be using it a ton, i just dont think i can justifiy the 70-200mm when i wouldnt use it all that much. i really can only justifiy the 24-70 because it will be my main lens. then possibly get a nice prime wide angle for the shots that need to be under 24mm, cause i cannot justify the price for a 14-24 right now.

thanks, and i plan start reading a lot on this forum and look forward to getting to know you all.

-matt

haha, i know im going to get the... OMG a $2000 lens on a $500 camera LOL

matthewo said:
haha, i know im going to get the... OMG a $2000 lens on a $500 camera LOL

I don't think anyone would say that......

Welcome to the forum.

i guess i will post a few pictures i have taken, some of the ones i like...

this is my car. taken with the d5100 and the 35mm 1.8 prime. as the sun was setting.
myg8_14.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back