Tight Knot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.lensphotoworld.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

My family and I just moved from Israel back to the USA.
We were there for just over 4 years, and moved to South Bend Indiana this past Sunday.

Just wondering if anyone on our forum lives in or near South Bend, or knows of good photographical locations around here. Nature, trains, lakes, rivers, botanical gardens etc.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone (or anyone :)).

I know nothing of South Bend, but welcome back! Hope you have an easy time adjusting to reverse culture shock. It can sneak up on you.

I know nothing of South Bend, but welcome back! Hope you have an easy time adjusting to reverse culture shock. It can sneak up on you.
Thanks so much limr.
It really is amazing how "reverse culture shock" is in fact a reality!! I can attest to that fact.

South Bend. Studebaker and Notre Dame. Beautiful St Joe River. Great place. Ed

Thanks so much limr.
It really is amazing how "reverse culture shock" is in fact a reality!! I can attest to that fact.
For me, the thing I didn't expect was to feel overwhelmed in the grocery stores. Just so big and shiny, and so many choices!

Thanks so much limr.
For me, the thing I didn't expect was to feel overwhelmed in the grocery stores. Just so big and shiny, and so many choices!
I know exactly what you mean. Worse than information overload

You're not far from Chicago, which is a wonderful city for photography.

Hi KenC,

Thanks for replying. I'm not sure how long it'll be until I can get to Chicago due to work, but have you got any specific places that would recommend?

Hi KenC,

Thanks for replying. I'm not sure how long it'll be until I can get to Chicago due to work, but have you got any specific places that would recommend?

I used to walk around in the Loop a lot. The area a little north of there is good also, as well as up to a mile south or west, but certainly not further than that. There are also areas further north along the red line that are interesting. I didn't live there that long (about 4 1/2 years) so a real Chicagoan could probably tell you more.

Hi KenC,

I used to walk around in the Loop a lot. The area a little north of there is good also, as well as up to a mile south or west, but certainly not further than that. There are also areas further north along the red line that are interesting. I didn't live there that long (about 4 1/2 years) so a real Chicagoan could probably tell you more.
Thanks KenC,

I'll look that area up on Google maps and see when I can get up there

Welcome back
as Ed said ... Notre Dame. You have to get the golden dome and the library mural (on the outside towards the stadium). There's excellent architecture inside and out there.

I've been meaning to go there one of these weekends .. from the Detroit Michigan area.

Welcome back
as Ed said ... Notre Dame. You have to get the golden dome and the library mural (on the outside towards the stadium). There's excellent architecture inside and out there.

I've been meaning to go there one of these weekends .. from the Detroit Michigan area.
Hey astro,
Sounds good, I'll have to try get there. If you're going to be in the area some Sunday, let me know, maybe I can meet you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back