Just my grandfathers old barn.

LightSpeed666

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was just a chance to practice.
The sun was going in and out of cloud banks , lighting the field different ways toward the end of the day. Lighting some parts of the field and the barn, and not lighting some parts. I was actually going to shoot at something else when I saw this happening. Every shot isn't going to be a great shot. I will just keep practicing. Such is life.

qDRxMHt.jpg

Last edited:
It's a good shot. I am not sure if you have any editing programs but you could probably bring out some more colour in the sky with some processing.

Lovely, really peaceful shot, I agree with stapo49, just a bit of tweaking

Nice shot, just don't go too far with vibrancy or saturation and make it too rich.

Exposure looks a little off. You haven't been at this long, it isn't a race you know! lol Go learn more about composition (and how to see what you're looking at) and getting proper exposures if you want to become a good photographer.

Exposure looks a little off. You haven't been at this long, it isn't a race you know! lol Go learn more about composition (and how to see what you're looking at) and getting proper exposures if you want to become a good photographer.

May I ask how you would have composed this image? I see what you mean about exposure though. Since the light was coming in and out of clouds, the scene was lit oddly. But I was already there and needed the practice. But I really am interested on how a seasoned veteran would have composed this scene. Your thoughts?

Image has been changed to another capture, done on the same day. Pretty much straight out of the camera.
No cropping done. Exactly how it was framed.

I like this picture! It reminds me of Jim Edgar Park in Illinois. I also like gray skies.

Image has been changed to another capture, done on the same day. Pretty much straight out of the camera.
No cropping done. Exactly how it was framed.

Some things are rather simple actually. When I do exposure I think about what looks natural and I also check the histogram. Is it a little too bright or dark, what composure actually appeals to me. I usually remember how the light was at the time I took the pic and use that as a guide also. I think to myself that if it appeals too me it most likely will to others, not all but others. Picture in your mind what you would like to see and make it happen by moving around and zooming in and out. Ask yourself questions like, should this be in the picture? Does it distract or does it add interest? Is it pretty or is it ugly? It takes time to create a really good picture so take your time and think about everything you do.

The picture is perfect in a way. If photography is an art, and if people are free to have opinions, the picture is perfect in it's own way. You don't have to change it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back