Just once...

I

Iron Flatline

...would I like to take a Father's Day picture in which I'm NOT 10% fatter than the previous year.

WTF.

I started adult life looking Fight Club lean, but I'm looking more like Tony Soprano every day.

Which makes me wonder.... how do you feel about images of yourself?

Please!
Don't ask me!
During the meet-up so many more photos were taken of me than normal, and I find them appalling. "What? That fat old lady in there is me?" I go all the time. It is painful.

I don't really mind pics of myself, no matter how I look. It's just a shot of reality. Lately, since i've been riding my bike (13 miles one way) to work, I really don't mind since i'm getting in better shape than i've been in in a long time. (i'm 35, and it's been awhile since I was in shape)

At 35 I still was in quite GOOD shape myself, too, but when was that???? Half a lifetime ago (almost - at least it feels like it).

.. a topic better not raised :( .. in particular not this year!

I'm horribly un-photogenic. I positively abhor most photos of myself.

When I went online first time in the dial up era it took me almost two years to know how to post without using my real name. I use aliases ever since and I change it on regular basis. As soon as someone notice my screen name, time start to plan another.

You know in the old past the people did not know what their Kings or Queens look like. But people made to know the symbol of their rulers. So when Moses heard that Pharaoh was going to kill him - he stole the Pharaoh staff for him to have unquestionable escape. They were made to know that the holder of that stuff was the King himself. But Moses knowledge was not that much after 10 years away from Egypt, so when God asked him what was in his hand, he said it was the staff he used to tend his herds :lol:. So God gave him a new use for that staff by turning it into snake to confront that evil Pharaoh, that how the story goes anyway.

So before the mission began Moses want to know what to tell those people and Pharaoh as who send him there? Or put it simply Moses was just curious to know of who he was? He answered: I am that I am.
In simple word, it is the works that manifest that is important instead of the person look like. There!

Which makes me wonder.... how do you feel about images of yourself?

Don't you think I have enough excuses? :D

Well don't we all have the same reason for hiding behind the camera all the time. I mean no matter what you look like there has to be a little camera shyness in all photographers I why else would we never appear in any family pictures??.

I look like Ernest Borgnine. That's the reason for me becoming a photog.

It depends on who's taking a photo of me.
I know a few people that every picture they take of me is beautiful. They don't have fancy cameras, they are not professionals neither have much of experience. I think it's their talent of catching the moment, which IMO is the most important for portraits.
So I don't object them shooting.

I'm 36 years old. I was sitting on the porch swing with my 4 yr old daughter curled up beside me tucked into my arm. Across the porch I could see our reflection in the mirror.

I noticed....... she is smaller than my stomach! Aaarrrrgggg!

I have quite a strange build. I believe it could be from my grandfather as he had the same stomach. Could it be hereditary? Anyways, I wear shorts, and I have muscle rippling in my calves. My upper legs are lumpy with solid hard muscle. I don't exercise or play sports any more. Since getting married and moving a bit of a distance from work and having kids, I just don't have the time or energy for exercise. I've always been like this in the legs. Yet, my stomach is a large round ball that makes t-shirts not fit no matter what size I get.

I recently dug out the old weight set and started lifting. But, after dragging myself out of the car to the house after a long extremely hot (105-115 F in summer, 94% humidity) and after a longish joint stiffening drive, I could not bring myself to pick up a stupid metal bar with a couple of weights stuck on the ends. Thus, the weight lifting only lasted 3-4 weeks.

No, I do not like to see myself in photographs.

Most reactions

Back