just one hdr from last night

tron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
def not perfect, i still have a lot id want to change but heres what i have so far. took it after school yesterday.

18mm f/8 on an 18-105vr lens

DSC_0302_3_4_5_6_tonemapped_edit.jpg

lmk what you guys think!

the processing is nicely done, it has a good feel and its clean.

however, the subject isn't the best. the lines are ok, leading to the middle area that is more circular.

I dont like how the horizon line is in the middle. By doing this, you are giving equal weight to the sky and the foreground. For this image, I would prefer to see less sky. Maybe getting up at a higher vantage point and shooting more downwards, getting rid of some sky, and playing up those lines in the front, trying to really give them a feel that they are leading to the building instead of just being there.

wow i didnt even think of that at the time, thanks a ton for the great comments. i think youre right though, having more sidewalk would give the allusion of being led to the building and add some dynamics rather than being a straight on picture. thanks again!

another one from tonight. 18mm on an 18-105vr lens, f/7.1, iso200, hand held while braced against a pole. 5 images blended and tone mapped

DSC_0329_30_31_32_33_tonemapped_edi.jpg

the second one is much nicer. good job!

'HDR' - perfect utilization of the technique, not the overplayed max-saturation sci fi look!
The exposure is perfect, color rendition excellent - I agree with bigtwinky on the lines, further back n up would improve it.
As an architectural shot it's exposed perfectly

I like the first one for the processing. it looks perfect, except for what I am guessing is a fried pixel in the sky... or it might be a star. either way, I'd clone it out.

The second one is better for the composition, but the editing needs a little work. I think the white balance is slightly off (maybe that's what you were going for?) and the tree has the halo thing going on.

I much prefer the second one. You have an obvious subject and used your angles and placement to nicely acentuate it and ensure that it is the main focal point of the image.

A clean shot, with a nice line leading around the building. I like the processing here, mainly because of the sky.

Nice job

thanks guys, i love how some of you guys like one more than the other. i think that really helps how youre giving me feedback on how i can improve :thumbup:

as for the tree halo, it was kind of windy that night, i think that might have played a role in that not to mention that i added sharpening so maybe that emphasized them a but much.

but i agree with what a lot of you guys are saying. i feel like the second one has better composition but the first one has better editing.

btw i thought the cool look would be nice for pic 2 :)

The joys of art and photography is that there are various opinions, from various points of view, and they are usually all valid. And one day, everyone may not like one of your images but you do, so thats all that matters :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back