Just opened a Flickr account- Critiques?

next time don't be too afraid of the snail. They may jump and bite large chunks of flesh off but only when they are insane. I know, I've seen it on TV on the History Channel, or maybe it was SpongeBob Square Pants?

The run of the mill crazy ones are pretty vicious, but it's really the ninja snails you have to watch out for the most. One minute your adjusting your ISO, the next minute your missing a hand.

Sure - don't believe me. Ask my friend Lefty.

I too started out photography mostly shooting flowers/nature, later you might branch out to something else you enjoy as well. Good shooting, keep it up.

I too started out photography mostly shooting flowers/nature, later you might branch out to something else you enjoy as well. Good shooting, keep it up.

There's always endless possibilities :) I would do portraits but only my brother is available and I like varieties in portraits. I do practice with him sometimes but, for now, when you live in a Caribbean Paradise like my island, you'd want to do some nature and landscape for a while :friendly_wink:.

You need a tripod if you're shooting insects, flowers, anything that close. You have to stop down the aperture to increase DOF which means you have to slow you shutter speed. You'll never reduce shake. Also, what you see clearly on a 4x6" print, will very noticeably show major movements and loss of focus once you start to enlarge the print. Movement is magnified on blowups. Plus, it's a lot easier to set up shot like this with a tripod. You may have to adjust backgrounds, lighting etc. You may wish to take a number of shots at different exposures. If you want the same composition, you'll need a tripod to keep the camera in the same place for all shots.

Nice picture, I have been taking pictures of wild flowers and ducks and moorhens last week while on holiday, if it feels right and looks ok I'm happy, I do try and get what I want in focus and take several test shots , but as they say practice makes perfect [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice picture, I have been taking pictures of wild flowers and ducks and moorhens last week while on holiday, if it feels right and looks ok I'm happy, I do try and get what I want in focus and take several test shots , but as they say practice makes perfect [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I've since improved since I got advice from these guys. Better focusing and sharper pictures and an overall better command of the camera. Practice really does make perfect! Check this one out guys. :allteeth:

350qpud.jpg

next time don't be too afraid of the snail. They may jump and bite large chunks of flesh off but only when they are insane. I know, I've seen it on TV on the History Channel, or maybe it was SpongeBob Square Pants?

The run of the mill crazy ones are pretty vicious, but it's really the ninja snails you have to watch out for the most. One minute your adjusting your ISO, the next minute your missing a hand.

Thass the moost foul, crool, and bad-tempered invertebrate you ever set eyes oon! Look, tha' snail's got a vicious streak a mile wide! Iss a killer! 'E'll doo you up a treat, mate. Ah'm warning ye! 'E's got huge, sharp... er... 'e can leap aboot. Look at the boones!

Thass the moost foul, crool, and bad-tempered invertebrate you ever set eyes oon! Look, tha' snail's got a vicious streak a mile wide! Iss a killer! 'E'll doo you up a treat, mate. Ah'm warning ye! 'E's got huge, sharp... er... 'e can leap aboot. Look at the boones!

Thank you, oh Enchanter TIm.

You made me soil my armor.

Lol

Most reactions

Back