Just ordered a new laptop.

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just ordered a 17" MacBook Pro with the high-resolution display (1920x1200), 2.4 ghz processor, 2gb of ram, 256 vram NVidia GeForce 8600M GT.

$2700. I'm so excited to get it next week.

Sounds like fun.

Just assembled a Core 2 Quad, 2Gb RAM, 2 x 500Gb HDD for a RAID 1, 19" LCD

Now for the tricky part.... Vista :er:

..and perhaps more crucially at the moment, Vista drivers :banghead:

Just ordered a 17" MacBook Pro with the high-resolution display (1920x1200), 2.4 ghz processor, 2gb of ram, 256 vram NVidia GeForce 8600M GT.

$2700. I'm so excited to get it next week.

Congratulations. Thats my next big purchase...save, save, save. Lol.

Chris of Arabia said:
Sounds like fun.

Just assembled a Core 2 Quad, 2Gb RAM, 2 x 500Gb HDD for a RAID 1, 19" LCD

Now for the tricky part.... Vista :er:

..and perhaps more crucially at the moment, Vista drivers :banghead:

Why not just stick with XP? It was my experience with Vista that it didn't offer anything but problems and a really pretty new interface.

Nice specs though, should be a fine machine.

Congratulations on the new machine! I just set mine up with Vista..it took a while to work out the bugs and get things the way I like..but I like it. :)

Nice. I'm waiting for the Mac Pro refreshes before I order, but I hate not knowing when that'll be. :(

i have that macbook pro myself. you will be very happy with it

Have fun with your new toy! Before they were launched to the public, I got to learn all about taking them apart and putting them back together in the studio in Cupertino. It was exciting to see the product and to watch in develop AFTER release, too.

I used to see Steve Jobs drive into the parking lot at work in his fancy sports care and think to myself, man, I filled that guy's gas tank about 10 times.

Nice. I'm waiting for the Mac Pro refreshes before I order, but I hate not knowing when that'll be. :(

It'll be worth the wait, I bought a 2.66 Mac Pro the day they came out, love it. I wouldn't trade this computer for the world man. I'm truly attached to this machine. I will never sell it, no matter how old it gets. Ever. Not for $50,000...

well...not for $3000.

Most reactions

Back