Just pulled trigger on siggy 150-600mm

jaomul

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The c version to use with my d7200.

I was sold a defective Nikon 300mm f4 AFS recently, the autofocus tested ok, but intermittently gave trouble a few days later. Turns out lens was dropped, not economically viable to repair. It sometimes works and is a cracker when it does but I need (want) something more reliable.

I don't think the image quality from the zoom will be quite that good, but here's hoping. It should be here tomorrow

use it at f/8 for the highest IQ.

When I had a 300/4 (older AF model) I found the 300 was just too *fixed* for the things I did. My Tamron 150-600 is much more ideal for me.

I was thinking f8 would be my go to settings where possible.

I actually think the tamron looks a little better, but went with sigma cos of the firmware dock thingy in case I had any comparability issues going fwd

I was sold a defective Nikon 300mm f4 AFS recently, the autofocus tested ok, but intermittently gave trouble a few days later. Turns out lens was dropped, not economically viable to repair. It sometimes works and is a cracker when it does but I need (want) something more reliable.

I don't think the image quality from the zoom will be quite that good, but here's hoping. It should be here tomorrow

You will love it. It's heavier than the Tamron but from what I seen, the color seems to be better. I like the zoom lock feature. I would suggest a sling for it if you don't have one. Also, the OS will eat up the battery faster so make sure you have a spare.

Good luck, hope it will fulfill your needs :)

You will love it. It's heavier than the Tamron but from what I seen, the color seems to be better. I like the zoom lock feature. I would suggest a sling for it if you don't have one. Also, the OS will eat up the battery faster so make sure you have a spare.

Would you by any chance have any recommendations or pictures of the sling you use?

My Sigma 150-500 I had ate up the battery when the camera was turned off. I always had to remove the lens from the body. Couldn't let it just stay in a camera bag for a couple days as I'd come back to a dead battery. I'm glad the new ones don't do that. The zoom lock feature is nice to have too.

Would you by any chance have any recommendations or pictures of the sling you use?

Here you go Jaomul. Utility Strap™ - Sling

That looks good but mine bolts to the tripod flange and has a safety ring. I'll get info when home.

That looks good but mine bolts to the tripod flange and has a safety ring. I'll get info when home.

Mine leaves it free which I prefer even though I rarely used a tripod. But it is free just in case. The Tamron 150-600 along with the camera and battery grip have been very well supported. The clips are very strong and I have no issues with letting it dangle if I need to free both hands.

Mine leaves it free which I prefer even though I rarely used a tripod. But it is free just in case. The Tamron 150-600 along with the camera and battery grip have been very well supported. The clips are very strong and I have no issues with letting it dangle if I need to free both hands.

The Sigma is quite a bit heavier.

Not the C version. They are roughly the same, give or take an ounce or two. The camera with two batteries in the grip are also included. The strap I posted is more than capable of handling his rig.
Just FYI - I've seen Tamron 68.8 oz and Sigma 68 oz. The Tamron includes the tripod collar, not sure if the Sigma does. Either way, they are close in weight.

Not the C version. They are roughly the same, give or take an ounce or two. The camera with two batteries in the grip are also included. The strap I posted is more than capable of handling his rig.
Just FYI - I've seen Tamron 68.8 oz and Sigma 68 oz. The Tamron includes the tripod collar, not sure if the Sigma does. Either way, they are close in weight.

Hmmm, well mine sure felt a lot heavier than Astro's tamron.

My lens was awesome until I did the software update and then everything went to crap think it's faulty sent it to sigma yesterday

Arrived yesterday, seems nice. It's big and heavy, makes me glad I didn't go for the sports one. Only rattled off few test shots due working (don't ya hate how this works thing impedes on other aspects of life)

Hopefully will get a proper try off it the weekend and post a few shots

Most reactions

New Topics

Back